Will a remote wipe request from Android Device Manager also effect my replacement device?
SladeRipfire

I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 stolen, so a remote wipe was sent from Android Device Manager. I have a spare tablet of the same model that I need to set up with the same account as the stolen one. When I sign into the Google account on the new device, will the pending remote wipe command affect it, or is that request somehow tied to the specific device it was originally issued to? I'm only concerned because the device is only identified by model number in ADM, rather than MAC or serial, so I want to be sure ADM won't send that command to the next thing signed in to with that Google account. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will wipe request from Android Device Manager affect replacement device?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is specific to the device. Google assigns a unique device ID to each device connecting to the Device Manager. Your Wipe command will apply to the stolen device the next time it is connected to the Internet, and if it hasn't been factory reset already.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Will wipe request from Android Device Manager affect replacement device?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is specific to the device. Google assigns a unique device ID to each device connecting to the Device Manager. Your Wipe command will apply to the stolen device the next time it is connected to the Internet, and if it hasn't been factory reset already.

0 Likes