Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Watch 4 Classic -- Manual activation code?? The QR codes fail all the time
betterverizon

I AM HAPPY TO CHAT WITH TIER 2 SUPPORT TO WORK SOMETHING OUT.

I have a Watch 4 Classic and I have the dreaded problem of not activating on Verizon. This has been now 3 days to try and fix this but even after setting up a separate line for the Watch the activation fails.  

According to Samsung the Verizon QR Code must be unique for the device. This does not happen with the QR code for VZW.  It is a generic code that connects to a server, but the wearable app rejects the code as already used.  Can a specific code for my Watch 4 be generated? ATT uses specifc code generation for its devices, why cannot VZW?

OR I should provide my EID to VZW.  Does VZW know hwo to use the Watch EID to activate the account.  The EID is more specific than IMEI??

0 Likes
Re: Watch 4 Classic -- Manual activation code?? The QR codes fail all the time
betterverizon

Just to add -- it is possible that the info entered about the device is wrong. I know of one case where this caused wrong QR code.

0 Likes