Re: 2.2 froyo update
gsp10
Is There hidden fees for tampering with the phone like that? can you get charged any way what so ever for rooting?
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No verizon can't do anything.  The R word has been proven perfectly legal.  The thing is, just don't expect to complain to verizon if you have an issue with a modified device (granted you can always go back to stock and then complain. lol)

0 Likes
gsp10
I Might consider it then lol
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I am running a stock leak, and I have no "bloatware", and only some of the touchwiz stuff (the launcher and some of the apps/widgets). the nice thing is, once you take the initial steps to get the leak on your phone, it opens a floodgate of things you can do/change on the phone.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Don't get me wrong Love my fascinate.

But I got sick of Verizon !

I took my phone to Pageplus Wireless.

Activated it 1200 min 2000 text 100 meg Data 29.95 a month on Verizion Network

I put on 2.2 Froyo and could not be happier

Verizon will never see another penney from me :smileysurprised:

Also switched wifes D1

2-phones 59.90 month 2400 minutes,4000 text,200 meg Data  $59.90

pfff so I dont have Verizon support Not a Big loss :manhappy:

O and should I run over on data which i don't .15 a meg.

I use wifi when I can.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you for your patients,

0 Likes