Re: 2.2 safe mode ROFL
TimSnyder

You are correct! Without an SD card in since Saturday I have not gotten the "snow" 7 times. Interestingly the "snow" has now changed to a black screen with colorful lines going randomly accross the screen. Thats happened 4 times in a 2 hour period today.

Took the phone to Verizon with the screen doing it and there is another replacement phone on the way. Now they are trying to blame an app I am using. Who knows which one, but with the next replacement I am leaving all apps off for a few days to see what  happens.

Geting tired of this. Totally ruining an otherwise awesome phone for me. And of course I am 13 months from upgrade eligibility...

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well poo poo!

My phone decided to go crazy indicating I was touching the screen when I was not.

• I held the power button for a few seconds till it did the sleep.
  • Woke the phone up.
  • Decided to power the phone off.
  • Unplugged the charger.
  • Plugged the charger back in.
  • Waited a few seconds and powered the phone on.
  • I quickly sat it down on my couch arm to do a few a other things on the laptop.
  • Saw the phone went to sleep so I know it was done booting 100%.
  • Waked up the phone and there is freaking SAFE MODE again!

I know I was NOT touching anything at all on my phone while it was booting!

No snow but even factory reset it now thinks I am touching the screen even when I am not touching it. This is a refurbished phone since my original $200 phone couldn't accept the very first update. I got this phone which took the updates until 2.2 was finally released. Now I have a touchy touch screen that I NEVER ever had under 2.1.

Crappy...

Edit 1

interesting i completed a spell check and click post 1 time. IE9, not compatibility mode, and it did a double post on a single post click.

Technology got to love it.

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well poo poo!

My phone decided to go crazy indicating I was touching the screen when I was not.

• I held the power button for a few seconds till it did the sleep.
  • Woke the phone up.
  • Decided to power the phone off.
  • Unplugged the charger.
  • Plugged the charger back in.
  • Waited a few seconds and powered the phone on.
  • I quickly sat it down on my couch arm to do a few a other things on the laptop.
  • Saw the phone went to sleep so I know it was done booting 100%.
  • Waked up the phone and there is freaking SAFE MODE again!

I know I was NOT touching anything at all on my phone while it was booting!

No snow but even factory reset it now thinks I am touching the screen even when I am not touching it. This is a refurbished phone since my original $200 phone couldn't accept the very first update. I got this phone which took the updates until 2.2 was finally released. Now I have a touchy touch screen that I NEVER ever had under 2.1.

Crappy...

0 Likes
TimSnyder
Definitely sounds like a problem if the magical "hard reset" didnt fix it! I have had to pull the battery 10 times today due to snow. Its so bad that I'm considering pulling out the old BB Storm until the next replacement comes in...
0 Likes
shooter33

My phone has been putting itself into safe mode.  I tried pulling the battery, sometimes it worked for a minute.  Most times it did nothing.  I tried holding down the Menu button while turning off the phone, since that's the way to put it into safe mode from Off.  That didn't do anything for this issue I was  having either.  I screwed around in the Settings Menu, went to Accessibility-unchecked the Accessibility box, and presto-I'm out of Safe Mode.  Now in my Accessibility Menu, I have the Soundback, Kickback, Talkback, and NoLED apps under the Accessibility Services Menu there, but nothing was checked off to be operational.  I'm guessing the 1st three are V's bloatware, as I only recall installing NoLED to resolve this phone having no message indicator light, but that was disabled with the rest.  Now, if I re-check the Accessibility box-bam--right back into Safe Mode.

Can anyone explain what is happening here?  I'd like to note that my phone seems quite a bit zippier now, too.  Why would apps I'm not using and are disabled screw things up, and why does Safe Mode come up with the Accessibility box checked now?  This was never an issue before, but I'm a little bit glad to have run into it since it's given me a speed boost.  I would like to be able to use NoLED again at some point, so someone please see what can be done to resolve this.

0 Likes
shooter33

Okay, after going into the Settings Menu->Applications->Running Services-> I stopped everything that was running there.  I then went back into the Accessibility Menu (Menu->Settings->Accessibility)  I re-checked the Accessibility box.  I am no longer in Safe Mode with the box unchecked-thankfully.  Not sure which app that was running has gone funky, but at least I found some new ways to escape the Safe Mode, I suppose.  Hope this helps someone else perhaps.  Maybe they can shed some more light on me on top of it all.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

shooter33 wrote:

Okay, after going into the Settings Menu->Applications->Running Services-> I stopped everything that was running there.  I then went back into the Accessibility Menu (Menu->Settings->Accessibility)  I re-checked the Accessibility box.  I am no longer in Safe Mode with the box unchecked-thankfully.  Not sure which app that was running has gone funky, but at least I found some new ways to escape the Safe Mode, I suppose.  Hope this helps someone else perhaps.  Maybe they can shed some more light on me on top of it all.

Thanks for the info, hopefully verizon employees will put that info in their tech books for anyone experiencing this same issue..
0 Likes