Re: 2.2 update fascinate
yoworm

I agree all I asked for in the beggining was some communication.  It could have been something as simple as Our IT department needs to be fired as T-mobile and some pay as you go phones have FROYO but we at verizon are having problems with bugs.  Please understand we are working hard to resolve this isuue as you our customers deserve better than our half hearted effort.  Please check back in a couple of days on the status of the FROYO update.

Seems pretty easy to do send a simple email or a post to the forum to apologize for their incredible delay in updating our devices.  It is sad that BIg Red claims to be the best but the other carriers big and small have already updated their products.

Here is an idea take the already workin OS from google and give it to us and leave the VZ navigator, blockbuster and any other bloatware app that we will not use off of the phone.

0 Likes
bass9510

I hate the fact that I will have to {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

my phone to get 2.2.    I get a big discount on my phone from united technology.  I am going to let the corporate hr department know about the problems I am having with Version.

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon put as much effort into giving us what we wanted as they do moderating this forum then this whole topic would be un-needed wouldn't it?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am saying when the Cliq was being updated to 2.1 and Motorola was VERY transparent with the update process Motorola took 5x the amount of heat you guys are giving Samsung for your device not being updated.

I am also saying if they rushed your update and it ended up bricking your devices then you have no one else to blame but yourself, but of course you'd blame Samsung for breaking your phone, and also those who don't care, or don't mind waiting for it to work right would blame Samsung for it.  So it's better for Samsung to take the heat from the minority and make sure they get it right vs.  rushing something out.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

You guys going back and forward arguing about wanting proof, arguing about who to blame, arguing about where the hold up is. Please take a moment to think clearly:

What company did you buy the phone from?

What company do you make monthly payments to?

What company tied you you to a 2 year contract because you are naive

and believed that their representatives were capable of telling the truth?

What company has veiled this problem in complete and total corporate silence?

If you can figure out what company is described above and still cannot figure out who has a responsibility directly to you, to offer a simple honest corporate statement of fact; then you are divided and as long as the real culprit has you divided the responsible party can continue to ignore you because it has you distracted, divided and fighting among yourselves.

Focus your energies as a united group and follow the money...who takes your money?

0 Likes
gsp10
Honestly If samung bricked my device them or verizon better replace it but 2.2 on the same exact phone the mesmerize didnt get bricked so the update is clearly safe and ready
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

it's not the same exact phone, it's just really close.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
I am sure HR will get right on it. Would love it if HR decided to not allow employee discounts due to stupid complaints. Who would you be mad at then??? What would you do.

Be careful what you complain to HR for, they CAN make the discount disappear.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Smokie11 wrote:

You guys going back and forward arguing about wanting proof, arguing about who to blame, arguing about where the hold up is. Please take a moment to think clearly:

What company did you buy the phone from? Samsung. Just like when you buy a TV from Best Buy. Where do you get support from outside the 14-30 day grace period? 

What company do you make monthly payments to? You pay monthly for services nothing more.

What company tied you you to a 2 year contract because you are naive? They subsidized your device they have to make their money back. They didn't force you to get the device.  You chose this device.

and believed that their representatives were capable of telling the truth? What they lie about? Proof is no matter what S device has come out they so far have been updated.  You will get the update.  Soon could mean now til the end of the world.

What company has veiled this problem in complete and total corporate silence? They are working on it the leaks prove it.  Just be patient

If you can figure out what company is described above and still cannot figure out who has a responsibility directly to you, to offer a simple honest corporate statement of fact; then you are divided and as long as the real culprit has you divided the responsible party can continue to ignore you because it has you distracted, divided and fighting among yourselves.

Focus your energies as a united group and follow the money...who takes your money?

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits, Everything I wrote is factual, what you write is an interpretation, your interpretation, but facts they are not. What I wrote speaks for itself. You know exactly who you paid your phones purchase price to, who you make your monthly payments to and if a contract indeed exists, you also know that no contract exists between you and Samsung nor Google.

If your phone should fail during the one 1 year warranty period, who would provide you with a new one? Samsung? I am sure you know better. Let me give you a more accurate analogy than the one you provided about Best Buy:

If you buy a Kenmore appliance from Sears and you had a problem, who do think would take care of you, the manufacturer of the Kenmore appliance or Sears, by the way Sears makes nothing, they sell it and back it up.

In closing, my phone has the name of the company that sold it to me across the top and it plays that very same company's logo every morning when I turn it on because they don't want me to forget who sold it to me.:smileywink:

0 Likes