2.2 update issues
ponygirl22

On June 15, the message to update to 2.2 on my Samsung Fascinate appeared so I followed the steps thinking that VZW wouldn't knowingly turn my phone into a brick.  Well, since that time, my battery barely lasts 6 hours and I haven't been able to send or receive picture messages.  The phone also freezes up at times for what seems to be no reason at all.  I have been reading through the different threads and finding MANY people having similar issues but no real solutions have been given.  Anyone have any ideas?  The battery was fully charged as it was morning when I updated, I've done the OTA *228 programming as well.  Any help would be appreciated that DIDN'T involve going back to factory settings and losing all my apps, free & paid.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update issues
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

ponygirl22 wrote:

On June 15, the message to update to 2.2 on my Samsung Fascinate appeared so I followed the steps thinking that VZW wouldn't knowingly turn my phone into a brick.  Well, since that time, my battery barely lasts 6 hours and I haven't been able to send or receive picture messages.  The phone also freezes up at times for what seems to be no reason at all.  I have been reading through the different threads and finding MANY people having similar issues but no real solutions have been given.  Anyone have any ideas?  The battery was fully charged as it was morning when I updated, I've done the OTA *228 programming as well.  Any help would be appreciated that DIDN'T involve going back to factory settings and losing all my apps, free & paid.  Thanks in advance.

The apps you purchased will be in your google account, you will not have to pay for them again, however you will have to d/l them again.. I would do the factory reset, it should help your issues
0 Likes
ponygirl22

I can't accept that the only solution to being able to send & receive picture messages (forget about the battery, that can be charged) is to do a factory reset.  I used to be a VZW call center rep, I understand the blanket statements to blow off the real issue.  

0 Likes
Not applicable

You're right. Verizon Wireless wouldn't knowingly release a software update that would 'brick' your phone.  

The recommendation from your community peer is correct. Please complete the factory data reset. Once you re-activate the phone using the on-screen instructions, it will walk you through signing back into your Gmail account to retrieve your paid applications. Depending on the application, even the free ones may be in the Market ready to be re-downloaded. Just go into the Market, tap Menu and select Downloads/My Apps. 

Have a great day!

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have JuiceDefender installed? I was having issues with not receiving pictures through texts and I think that was the problem. I have removed this app and it seems to work now. Your text messages use data and JuiceDefender turns some things off when your phone is off. When I was on the phone with customer service I was getting their test pics because I had my phone unlocked and I was waiting for them. Once it was locked in my pocket I would only get a message stating downloading.

Not sure about the battery life. Mine is the same way after the 2.2 upgrade. I have tried everything. It was not this bad with 2.1

0 Likes