Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2.2 update
godbuddha

Im sorry to inform all of you fascinate owner about the update. Update will be delay once again due to Google making company walk a find line. Samsung was working on this update truly but old bing is in the way and Verizon does not want to lose there money with Mr.. Microsoft. Verizon does not mind holding up a few customer, where are you going to go. Fascinate is a great phone and would be even better with bing. The Verizon Reps know nothing so don't ask them only top level security knows. The motorola bionic is great but the atrix from ATT is better and Verizon will have another Motorola just like the atrix come out after the bionic release trust me. Who am I wouldn't you like to know.

0 Likes
Re: 2.2 update
nickjr
Novice
And verizon wonders why several of us fasciante users have already got the update, chances of verizon given us the update has long gone...
0 Likes
someyoungguy
walking a find line shouldnt it be fine, I can easily say its coming out tuesday and people would run with it, we wont know what truly is going on with our froyo update till verizon lets us know, not some dude pretending to be someone with some inside scoop
0 Likes
DonM
Novice

someyoungguy wrote:
walking a find line shouldnt it be fine, I can easily say its coming out tuesday and people would run with it, we wont know what truly is going on with our froyo update till verizon lets us know, not some dude pretending to be someone with some inside scoop

At this point we are ready to believe any snake oil salesman who comes along...besides I bet his prediction is as accurate as any of the others before it. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

verizon announced that 2.2 would not have bing.

it was months ago when the fascinate first came out and people were upset over the bing

0 Likes
PJNC284

They didn't say it WOULDN'T have bing.  Just that it would include the google search widget without needing a 3rd party launcher but the search key and browser would still redirect to bing by default..

0 Likes
DonM
Novice

Bing hasn't been a problem for me. I use iGoogle so I just start the browser and there is a Google search field right on my homepage.

As far as quality, I used search engines at work frequently and from my point of view Google is far superior than Bing for finding results I view as helpful towards completing a task. Bing can occasionally send me in a totally irrelevant direction wereas Google usually provides at least a few correct results with the first search.

0 Likes
techlife2

...since this guy has a real grasp of the English language, I assume we are suppose to believe this well-written expose'

0 Likes
DonM
Novice

techlife2 wrote:

...since this guy has a real grasp of the English language, I assume we are suppose to believe this well-written expose'

I guess we should be happy he at least used periods between sentences.

0 Likes
Froyoed

DonM wrote:

techlife2 wrote:

I guess we should be happy he at least used periods between sentences.

There again, his grasp of Engish doe poit towards the possibility that he is actually in tech support, as well as being God and Budda.

0 Likes