2.3 Gingerbread - Flash won't work?
StevOstan

Can't get flash to work since the 2.3 update.  Updated flash from the 'market.'  Didn't work.  Unistalled, reinstalled.  Still nothing.  Phone off - on, etc.  Still deosn't work.  I need flash back!   Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: 2.3 Gingerbread - Flash won't work?
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Go to Browser settings and make sure plug-ins are set to Always On.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Samsung had better watch out

Apple will sue them for copying them with no flash  LOL

If what last post said does not work uninstall it and go to market and reinsall from there

one of my apps was not working and I did that and the problem was fixed

0 Likes
JAIMEK80

I am also having major issues with this.  My internet is virtually worthless since I was FORCED to update.  I thought maybe uninstalling then reinstalling the Flash app would help.  I didn't realize until I "uninstalled" it that it never actually uninstalls because it is one of Verizon's apps.  It seems the button should be renamed to something not misleading.  All the user can do after "uninstalling" is to update the app again, which does absolutely nothing.  I'm at a loss as to what to do except do a factory reset and I'm not doing that and losing everything I have on this phone. 

0 Likes
JAIMEK80

I fixed it!  I don't know if this is a new option or if the update spontaneously deselected it but there is a little option called "Load Images" in your brower settings.  To get to it:

1.  Open your browser and press the menu button (to the left of your Home button)

2.  Select More

3.  Select Settings

4.  Load Images is the 5th option down.

Hope this helps other people.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Glad you found the answer, with load images turned off the Internet is bleak indeed, far worse than just Flash not working. Almost like an Internet in MS-DOS mode.

0 Likes