Re: 2.3 the end of March??
sandystorm

maryl wrote:

I just installed and used the GPS test app and left it on for an hour. My Fascinate saw 2 satellites and used 0. Thanks for the tips, but it didn't work for me.

Last night I tested mine with GPS test and was out in garage and it showed 11 satellites and was using 8 so I was impressed

0 Likes
gsp10
I'll Just stick with my tom tom at least it always works and really fast to unlike my fascinate
0 Likes
sandystorm

gsp10 wrote:
I'll Just stick with my tom tom at least it always works and really fast to unlike my fascinate

Just use your darn phone the GPS works great on it  and quit complaining

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

Smokie11 wrote:

Sorry, one possible solution before replacing phone with new one, turn off phone and remove battery for about 10 minutes, reinstall battery turn back on, if that fails I think you need new phone.

I didn't expect it to work, but I tried it anyway. Replaced the battery after leaving it out for 10 minutes. Tried the GPS in the house first, using the GPS test app. Initially it saw 0 satellites. Then I moved it to the window, and it started seeing and using satellites. Tried the GPS for navigation, and it was very accurate. Hope this is a permanent fix, for now I am extremely happy. I also turned the GPS off for an hour, then tried again . It picked up and saw 9 satellites in the house!. T:smileyhappy:hank you so much for posting this very simple fix!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Glad it worked, it's a good feeling to know you helped in some small way, I hope it turns out to be a pemanent solution.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
gsp10
But sandystorm I have a perfectly good gps why use my phone lol I mostly use my phone for communication and internet but it sucks that we dont have flash yet
0 Likes
sandystorm

gsp10 wrote:
But sandystorm I have a perfectly good gps why use my phone lol I mostly use my phone for communication and internet but it sucks that we dont have flash yet

It's just why use your GPS when I'm saying the phone works great, plus I was just joking about complaining as I agree VZW is giving us the screws. Now if you want flash I will flash you if you are old enough?

0 Likes
gsp10
I Honestly dont know what to say to that but.. When and where? Ohhh wait I can't find you because the gps doesn't work on my phone for gsp :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

gsp10 wrote:
I Honestly dont know what to say to that but.. When and where? Ohhh wait I can't find you because the gps doesn't work on my phone for gsp :smileyvery-happy:

LMAO good one gsp but my GPS also works great and is dead on. I wonder if there are a lot of bad phones out there that people dont realize because other things might be good

0 Likes
gsp10
Probably Because some fascinates cant even update at all but luckily I didn't get one of those ones
0 Likes