Re: 2.3 the end of March??
gsp10

My dad has the x my mom and sister have the incredible no problems with them at all my phone always freezes and crap and I have eclair so {please keep your posts courteous} you clearly dont know how the other phones work because you never probably got to experience them

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I have used many froyo equipped phones, including my fascinate. and I can tell you, it's not all peaches and cream. you seam to not realize that not all people have problems with 2.1, actually, most don't. however, of the people that have gone to 2.2 on these phones, almost everybody has had at least an issue or two. you clearly don't know how all this works, since you are so closed minded, and can't even install 2.2 on your phone for yourself.

everyone thinks 2.2 will be this magic fix all, but that's so far from the truth, it amazes me the blind ignorance of all these people demanding froyo NOW.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

gsp10 wrote:

My dad has the x my mom and sister have the incredible no problems with them at all my phone always freezes and crap and I have eclair so {please keep your posts courteous} you clearly dont know how the other phones work because you never probably got to experience them

my wife has a d2 with 2.2, my fasc has 2.1

niether locks up, freezes, ect

i reboot daily though

she reboots monthly

2.2 is ok, but i have ZERO issues with 2.1

my firm beleif is it how you use the phone that causes issues, much like a pc.  the more apps you put on, the more websites you go to, ect ect ect ect  the more chance you have to affect something, regular rebooting for heavy use just works

0 Likes
gsp10
Yeah Of course we want it now its almost a year old andother phones are going to be getting gingerbread soon
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

The operating system and software developed by the manufacturer as well as the carrier should be rock solid. When apps come out they are supposed to work properly on a given operating system. When there is a problem there is no reason why it cannot be fixed to work properly and in a timely manner. If an app is causing problems to where the cell does not operate as designed by the manufacturer then the app should be removed until such time that the operating system and the app can live together in harmony.

Minor bugs are to be expected. If there is a major bug like the GPS doesn't work or you can't receive incoming calls and text messages or the Wi-Fi works intermittently then these options designed in the software by the manufacturer absolutely have to be fixed immediately and correctly! When we try to operate a major function of the cell and it is a crap shoot whether or not it will work is unacceptable! Demanding that the cell operates as advertised is not whining it is defending ourselves and getting what the manufacturer promised it would do! That isn't hard to understand is it?

0 Likes
sandystorm

M91-30 wrote:

I have used many froyo equipped phones, including my fascinate. and I can tell you, it's not all peaches and cream. you seam to not realize that not all people have problems with 2.1, actually, most don't. however, of the people that have gone to 2.2 on these phones, almost everybody has had at least an issue or two. you clearly don't know how all this works, since you are so closed minded, and can't even install 2.2 on your phone for yourself.

everyone thinks 2.2 will be this magic fix all, but that's so far from the truth, it amazes me the blind ignorance of all these people demanding froyo NOW.

I love what you wrote and I feel you are 100% correct and if and when they give it this forum will be filled with ahate and law suit talk all over again

0 Likes
gsp10
Wow when I just downloaded a app and when I first opened it it said I'm running old firmware and it closed itself out. This is bull **bleep** verizon!!!
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

gsp10 wrote:
Wow when I just downloaded a app and when I first opened it it said I'm running old firmware and it closed itself out. This is bull **bleep** verizon!!!

you should try downloading AN app, instead of a app. I highly doubt it descriminated against your "firmware", it more likely said you needed FROYO. what apps are requiring froyo?

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

Vlingo in car actually does require android 2.2 or higher....

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

have you tried looking for a comparable app that doesn't ?

0 Likes