2 way sync with Fascinate and Google Calendar ?
GaryJ

I have not figured out how to sync my Google calendar with my Fascinate - both ways.  Anything I add to the calendar on my laptop will sync almost instantly to my devices calendar - but if I add an appointment on my devices calendar, it will not sync back to the laptop (online) calendar.  Isn't this possible.  If it is, how do I do that - how do I change the settings?  Thanks all

0 Likes
Re: 2 way sync with Fascinate and Google Calendar ?
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Mine does exactly the same thing.  Syncs immediately to Phone from the Calendar but does not reciprocate.  I think I have all the setting correct also.  Help..............

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I have 3 Fascinates..   All 3 seem to work OK...ie   I create a new calendar entry on my phone,  then go log into my Google Calendar account via web browser on my laptop, and the new entries are there.

One thing to try...Make sure that when you 'create event' in your phone's calendar...that under the 'Calendar' section in the create event screen, you tap 'Calendar' and make sure you're saving the entry to your GMAIL account and not your phones local calendar.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

Works perfect if gmail is checked instead of calendar.  Thanks much!

0 Likes
packmt

I have the same issue.  It works if I do what you say, but why can't I set the gmail calendar as the default calendar? is there a way to do this?  I should not have to make this "check" everytime I make an entry!

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I totally agree with you.  I would like to have my Google calendar as the default as well, but I could find no way to do that.

Hopefully this will be fixed with the upcoming 2.2 update. 

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You can check the Marketplace, to see if there is an application to have Gmail as your default calendar.  However,

all applications are from third party vendors, so you will be downloading the applications at your own risk.

0 Likes
McBadger

Put me in the camp that would like to have the shared calendar for the family as the default selection.  Its a pain in the behind to create an event on your phone for the family and then you have to re-create it later as you can not even go in and change the calendar...bad bad bad design flaw if you ask me.  As whoever heard of a calendar program that does not let you edit?

0 Likes