3 way calling question - NOT SOLVED
dbutko01

I asked this question:

I know how to perform a 3 way call, but what if the 2nd person I called doesn't answer and I get voice mail?  I don't want to merge that call. 

How do I hang up on the 2nd call placed without hanging up on the original?

And recieved this response:

Three-Way Calling

Merge two calls to set up a three-way call between you and two other parties.

Setting up a Multi-Party Call

1. Establish a call, either by dialing or answering an incoming call.

2. Touch Add Call. The first call is placed on hold, and the Dialer displays.

3. Enter the second phone number, then touch.

If the second person does not answer, press the Sendkey twice to end the connection and go back to the first person.

4. Touch Merge. The two calls are joined into one, 3-way call.

However, there is no Send key once you place a call...only END CALL.

PLEASE TRY AGAIN!!!
0 Likes
Re: 3 way calling question - NOT SOLVED
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

When you are on the call and you are calling the second party and there is no answer,  access the dial pad on the phone by pressing the dial pad icon, on the dial pad  press the send key or green phone key to end that call, that will take you back to the first party.  If the dial pad icon is  not visible, try pressing the menu key for more options.

The dial pad would need to be accessed from the call screen.  

0 Likes
dbutko01

Nope...you don't get the send key (or green phone key) once you've made a second call from the dial pad.  Menu key provides you with the contact and message option.

Did they think this wouldn't happen when they designed this interface?

0 Likes
legg24

I'm a power user in sales on the road all day and it seems EVERY smart phone i get forgets about this "feature" ... it's a necessity!!! And no tech support person ever knows the answer because they're techy and barely talk on the phone much less conference!

When i tested it just now (because i've been trying to figure this out for 3 days), instead of pressing Merge Calls, I hit the Back Arrow and was offered 2 options:

1) Return to Call in Progress (YES!!!!)

2) Access dial pad (not sure why I'd want to do this)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

legg24 wrote:

I'm a power user in sales on the road all day and it seems EVERY smart phone i get forgets about this "feature" ... it's a necessity!!! And no tech support person ever knows the answer because they're techy and barely talk on the phone much less conference!

When i tested it just now (because i've been trying to figure this out for 3 days), instead of pressing Merge Calls, I hit the Back Arrow and was offered 2 options:

1) Return to Call in Progress (YES!!!!)

2) Access dial pad (not sure why I'd want to do this)

Hope this helps!

Maybe to try a different number (i.e. calling the cell phone instead of the office number you called originally)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bmw1870

This answer is NOT solved.... Pretty bad response from a, supposedly, technically advanced dept. at Verizon. Go back to the drawing board guys and Please fix this issue. This unresolved problem makes this phone a terrible option for purchase....

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

bmw1870 wrote:

This answer is NOT solved.... Pretty bad response from a, supposedly, technically advanced dept. at Verizon. Go back to the drawing board guys and Please fix this issue. This unresolved problem makes this phone a terrible option for purchase....

I apologize for any confusion surrounding the proper way to end a second call while on a three way call conference. When a three way call is initiated and a voicemail is reached while calling the third party please touch the MERGE icon to complete the three way call and the MERGE icon will be replaced with an icon displaying END LAST CALL, to end the call for the line that reached a voicemail simply touch the END LAST CALL icon and your first call will not be disconnected.

0 Likes