3G Mobile Hotspot
telveer
Contributor - Level 1

My plan does not include mobile hotspot. However, my son was able to enable 3G Mobile Hotspot on my phone and the prompts eventually got him to a screen where it gave him the SSID and WEP key to use. Fortunately, I happened to see it when he was at this screen. WiFI was turned off and there was a beacon like icon in the status bar. I turned of the mobile hotspot immediately. Will I be charged? If not, how did the software work when I was not signed up, and how can I prevent this app from being used again?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3G Mobile Hotspot
Wildman
Legend

Yes if the the app was open and triggered on you will be charged but it chargers on use bases but I cant remember how they charge and how much...  Check online you should find some infor on charge rates...  

As for a way to stop it from being activae there isnt any way without install another app, I use Perfect App Lock and put pasword on any app that I do not want someone to open or access and this way they cant even run it without password..  I password market so they cant install task killer and password Settings so they cant use the stock system manager..

Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 3G Mobile Hotspot
Wildman
Legend

Yes if the the app was open and triggered on you will be charged but it chargers on use bases but I cant remember how they charge and how much...  Check online you should find some infor on charge rates...  

As for a way to stop it from being activae there isnt any way without install another app, I use Perfect App Lock and put pasword on any app that I do not want someone to open or access and this way they cant even run it without password..  I password market so they cant install task killer and password Settings so they cant use the stock system manager..

Hope this helps...

0 Likes