Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
3G Mobile Hotspot
telveer
Novice

My plan does not include mobile hotspot. However, my son was able to enable 3G Mobile Hotspot on my phone and the prompts eventually got him to a screen where it gave him the SSID and WEP key to use. Fortunately, I happened to see it when he was at this screen. WiFI was turned off and there was a beacon like icon in the status bar. I turned of the mobile hotspot immediately. Will I be charged? If not, how did the software work when I was not signed up, and how can I prevent this app from being used again?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: 3G Mobile Hotspot
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes if the the app was open and triggered on you will be charged but it chargers on use bases but I cant remember how they charge and how much...  Check online you should find some infor on charge rates...  

As for a way to stop it from being activae there isnt any way without install another app, I use Perfect App Lock and put pasword on any app that I do not want someone to open or access and this way they cant even run it without password..  I password market so they cant install task killer and password Settings so they cant use the stock system manager..

Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 3G Mobile Hotspot
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes if the the app was open and triggered on you will be charged but it chargers on use bases but I cant remember how they charge and how much...  Check online you should find some infor on charge rates...  

As for a way to stop it from being activae there isnt any way without install another app, I use Perfect App Lock and put pasword on any app that I do not want someone to open or access and this way they cant even run it without password..  I password market so they cant install task killer and password Settings so they cant use the stock system manager..

Hope this helps...

0 Likes