3G outage in Northern California
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed 3G outage in San Francisco Bay Area for the past hour. Restart of the phone and removing the battery didn't resolve this issue. Did anyone else noticed that in other areas as well?

0 Likes
Re: 3G outage in Northern California
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

we can't fix it, call verizon.

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

I am aware that we (users) can't fix that. I am just looking to hear if more people are having the same problem before calling Verizon as I know that they will tell me that it is a problem with a phone unless I will have proof that is their system problem.

0 Likes
Wes_Mantooth

I live in the Bay Area too and have no 3G. I tried removing the battery, *22899, but none of it worked. I called Verizon and they told to do everything I just did.. nothing. They say there is no outage in the area but maybe the Tier1 tech didn't have access to that info. 

0 Likes
Wes_Mantooth

OK, the minute I hit send, I'm seeing 3G back on my phone. 

UPDATE: It's going up and down.

0 Likes
sfindie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called into Verizon Support and she confirmed there is an outage here in the SF Bay Area.  She said they are working on the issue, but she couldn't give me an estimate on when it would be fixed.  3 minutes after hanging up with her and I have 3G again as normal.

0 Likes
Wes_Mantooth

Still down for me :smileysad:

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Mine never came back. 2+ hours and nothing. Verizon reps are clueless what is going on even that I told them that more people are complaining about. They offer me to replace the phone. Stupid F...

0 Likes
lbarrett77

Just spoke to Verizon.  there is a known network issue in California but no ETA on when it will be resolved.  :smileysad: 

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

Finally, I was able to speak to supervisor. There is a problem with Sunnyvale router switch that is taking care of majority of the Northern California and especially SF Bay Area. There is a master ticket open for that and Verizon is working on resolution. No ETA at this time. Supervisor mentioned that when the next bill will come we can call and request bill credit for the day/time without coverage.

0 Likes