4.0.4 OTA Update Issue: Bugreport
raheel

Since receiving the 4.0.4 OTA update on my gnexus, I keep getting prompted by a 'bugreport', it is asking me to e-mail it to myself as the recipient. I've attempted to the view 3MB .txt file but cannot pinpoint what is causing the bugreport to be dumped. Am I the only one receiving this issue? 4.0.2 was great for me so I'm disappointed that 4.0.4 is giving me issues...

0 Likes
Re: 4.0.4 OTA Update Issue: Bugreport
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. I haven't seen anything like that on my Nexus. In fact, I think my phone is more stable now. The odd reboot hasn't happened once since I installed the OTA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

I second @Ann154 observation. My phone has been rock solid since 4.0.4. On 4.0.2 I was so disappointed with the freezing and restarts as well as the 4G disconnect issue, that I was really  thinking if I had made the right decision by going for the Galaxy Nexus.

Now Verizon really needs to work out it's update validation process to reduce the time between when Google releases an update to when Verizon approves and "releases" it. 4 months is simply unacceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi raheel,

I don't want you to be disappointed with your phone! What you describe is not something reported with the update. This makes me think it may be an application that is causing it. Please put your phone in Safe Mode to see if it stops. Here's a link on Safe Mode. http://bit.ly/H0q1og Please post back with your results. Thanks in advance, ^CB

0 Likes
raheel

Thank you for your response. it turns out that I had USB debugging on and it was causing data dump everytime I hit volume up + power together.

0 Likes