4G LTE in 92618 ??
occam49

I get very low signal strength and very low performance in 92618   Only get about 2 Mbps down and < 1Mbps up and 65  to 150 ms ping latency ... Anyone else in this area get better ??

0 Likes
4G LTE in 92618 ??
bearone21
Legend

where do you sit in the verizon coverage map? no, i'm not going to look up your area code.

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE in 92618 ??
scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the center of that zip code is in coverage, but there are fringe LTE coverage areas close by.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

again you haven't answered the question directly but i'd guess you live in a fringe area, hence poor 4g.

0 Likes
occam49

I'm right in the middle of the Dark Red best LTE coverage area near Goodyear and Morgan in Irvine, CA, enjoying my two gray bar , no 4G, coverage. Can't even get a Speed Test connection today!!!  Getting a whopping 0.3 down, 0.8 up in 3G!

Fringe !!!!   Not according to Verlizen

0 Likes
scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

What OS version?

0 Likes
occam49

ICS 4.02

Ohhhh happy day I got one tiny blue 4G bar ...SpeedTest 2.00 down, 0.77 up!!!

Thanks Verlizen

0 Likes
scorch968
Enthusiast - Level 3

ick...sounds like you are in the edge of a 4g tower's range. It's the same way at my father's home. I just set his GNex to CDMA only and hes good. I myself wasn't expecting good 4g coverage but was pleasantly surprised.

0 Likes
shoe5150

I am having the exact same issue. I had perfect coverage with my droid charge but the galaxy nexus seems to never have a data connection. I have to completely reboot for data to come back up (so frustrating). I am on my second GN my 2nd SIM nothing is helping. The kicker in all of this is, since I had my original GN replaced by exchanging it within the 14days I am stuck with this faulty device for 2 yrs. BOO verizon! I have reported the multiple issues I am having (no data connection, not receiving/sending texts for hours, voice calls going straight to voicemail in full 3g coverage, dropped calls in full coverage, bluetooth will not pair with anything I have tried) verizon's response was those are not reported issues with the device. The only reported issue was the signal indicator that has a fix coming I guess, but what about the other issues? I know I am not alone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you could've said that when i asked the 1st time. good luck.

0 Likes