danhoff

I can't receive 4G at my employment but others at my employment with Verizon can.  I can receive 4G out of town though without changing any settings.  Is there something I am missing?

0 Likes
Re: 4G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello danhoff,

Help is right here just for you. Let's get you back on the blazin' fast speeds of 4G LTE right now. May I ask what zip code is your employer in? Also, are you having the issue indoors, outdoors, or both? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on your Galaxy S III?

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
danhoff

Employer zip is same as the one I am in, 68467. Does not matter if

indoors, or out and no damage to phone at all. I have now found when I

turn off wi-fi 4G comes on, but goes off when Wi-Fi is on and then not even

3G. Call reception is also bad, is this related to 4G? If 4G is on and I

would try to do something with Wi-Fi, 4G will get kicked off. Took my phone

to Verizon yesterday and they changed SIM card which brought 4G back, but

of course Wi-Fi was off then also.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the 3g or 4g icon at the top of your phone just disappear when you are connected to wifi. i think there's some confusion here and that you are actually getting 4g. when you turn on wifi, the wifi logo replaces the 4g logo and data is transmitted through wifi, but you still have 4g access if you can still make a call. try texting while on wifi and see if the 4g logo pops back up just for a second, while it sends the text message.

0 Likes
danhoff

Texted while on 4g while wifi was off and it turned on wifi and 4g logo

disappeared. Texted on wifi and 4g logo of course did not come back and

wifi stayed on. wifi comes on even while turned off when on a web page and

4g logo disappears and will have to turn off wifi manually to get 4g back.

Does 4g have anything to do with call quality? My reception is bad also.

Thanks

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes, you call over 4g or 3g so it is what will affect call quality. it could just be that the radios in your device don't work great in the area. does anyone else there use the same type of verizon phone that you use? also, do you have mobile data enabled?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi danhoff,

Thank you for the additional details today. It does seem that your device is functioning properly. When actively connected to a WIFI network, 4G LTE will be eliminated and you'll no longer see this indication on the upper section of your device. The 4G indicator will be replaced with the WIFI indicator. When WIFI is off the 4G LTE indicator will reilluminate and will be eliminated if WIFI is reactivated. This is indeed how the device is meant to function. When WIFI is off, are you able to successfully browse the web? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes