5.1.1 update broke Android Auto functionality. How to fix it?
Akuk

I had been using Android Auto successfully with my Note 4 (Android 5.0) since it was first released on a Pioneer NEX4100. I bought a new car in December and was able to successfully use Android Auto in it with the stock head unit as well. At some point within the past month or so I was directed by my company to update to the newest release available for the phone, 5.1.1. After upgrading to 5.1.1 Android Auto still starts and mostly works, but all audio through android auto no longer works, with exception of phone calls. Navigation works, but with no audio. Pressing the microphone button does not produce the beep, but the mic does function because it will give me the directions on screen. Music "plays", but there is no audio. If I disconnect the phone and just stream the music over bluetooth it works fine.

So, something broke with the update. I have seen others online complaining about it as well. In one of those cases they did a factory restore and fixed the problem by not restoring backed up data. I can't revert back to an older version (company phone, plus who would want to go back to the security risks I read about for 5.0?) so I am hoping someone might know of a workaround, or maybe Verizon knows and is working on a fix?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: 5.1.1 update broke Android Auto functionality. How to fix it?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Send an email to the developers of the Android Auto application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes