6.0 update
scottjw1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I seen a report that Verizon is gonna come out with the 6.0 for the S5. What about the S6/Edge? Kinda crappy that the S5 is older but yet has a date of April. And still nothing about the S6/Edge. Makes me wonder why I'm paying all this money (9 lines on my account) to not have the newer updates for the newer phones. Makes me kinda think about taking my business somewhere else. Makes me kinda sick actually.

Re: 6.0 update
Slyfox79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can appreciate what you're saying and share the sentiment.  I have 89 lines on the enterprise account I manage and have commented on this issue with our business reps constantly for the last few years.  I have also pushed to speak with some of their regional VP's or anyone that can make a difference and never gotten anywhere. The answer I always get is that their network is the most secure.  I can prove and have in the past that the network security makes no difference when the carrier refuses, or slows the issuing of security fixes for known CVE's that have been in the wild for months/years.  Yes, I said years.

As a business with my eye on security constantly I've had to remove almost all Android devices primarily because of Verizon, but also the manufacturers.  I do not allow any "Droid" junk in my enterprise because those devices are even less likely to receive updates.  Maybe some day someone will take notice up there in their crystal tower and listen to what not only I have to say, but many security professionals like myself out there in the industry.

The ONLY reason I remain with Verizon is because they're the only ones that have the best coverage in the areas where my companies do business.  If it weren't for that I'd have gone to AT&T years ago and had unlocked phones so I could get updates directly from Google, or Microsoft when I was using their OS.

Souless92
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would love to find out as well, my fiance just updated his note 5 to 6.0 but I honestly thought that mine would have updated first being that it was the newer phone. Even he was surprised, we tried to check if my phone had an update, and nope, nothing, seems kinda backwards to me.

Souless92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind I think his might have been the newer phone, still does not explain the lack of update though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Souless92, updates are a nice treat for any phone. To get the latest information on any software for your device please visit this site. http://vz.to/1oa9Lvb
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MerlynsMinion
Enthusiast - Level 1

That update doesn't give us Marshmallow. I have the latest update that shows. We're still Android 5.1.1.

We specifically  need to know about getting Marshmallow.  I love Verizon's coverage and  tech support but we're constantly the last people to get the Android updates and it's very frustrating. We didn't buy a better phone to be treated like 2nd class customers. Please let us know when we're getting the upgrade.

Thank you

0 Likes