A Big Ouchie!
B33
Legend

I Hate Ouchies they can really Hurt Bad and if this one Falls and i'm hoping it does Not!   It's Going to Hurt!

Please click on the Link to Read on..

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/29/u-s-judge-grants-motion-in-favor-of-apple-to-ban-galaxy-nexus/

0 Likes
Re: A Big Ouchie!
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Apple's new motto: when you can't compete, sue.

B33
Legend

+1 PJ

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

PJNC284 wrote:

Apple's new motto: when you can't compete, sue.

Wait! I thought that was their motto for the last few years?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Wildman
Legend

Actually its more like "iSue You" 😄

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I see where Apple is coming from, and I somewhat agree with them.  It's something my wife said to me a while ago.  She isn't a die hard electronics freak like I can be at times.  She said, "You know out of all the tablets I have seen I would want a Galaxy Tab, because it resembles so much like an iPad without the price".  Most people will see it like her than people who tend to be on the more tech savvy side of things.  The Tablets we have in are home are Kindle Fire, Acer A5, Nexus 7(soon), and the old generation Tab(which looks nowhere near an iPad).

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Tidbits wrote:

I see where Apple is coming from, and I somewhat agree with them. 

It would be one thing if they were actually innovating but they apparently think litigation is the way to beat the competition.  Kind of odd that they get mad at "borrowed" features yet each iOS update is like a regurgitation of previous android versions.  They've pretty much become the biggest patent troll on the planet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here's what I see could be the possible reason.  Google and Apple were once friends and even had a CEO housed in Apple headquarters.  Some of these features may be already speculated to be released on the iPhone(which I believe Google and Apple built together).  When Google and Apple split Google took a lot of the plans with them, and the reason why Jobs was so keen as to want to take Android down.

The above is all speculation and still not far out of reach from it happening.  Since they developed it together ownership is hard to prove who really owned it unless they had documents proving one way or another.  This is the reason why you don't see Google going after Apple for certain things that seems like Apple is infringing on(notifications drop down bar for example), and why Apple doesn't target Google directly.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would Like to be a Little Mouse with M & R in Toe.!

0 Likes
kyleb350
Enthusiast - Level 2

So if this goes through, would Verizon be able to issue replacements for our phone, or would they have to give us different phones?

0 Likes