A few questions.
kbohinski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I have a few questions that I would like a VZW Rep to answer.  I'm new to these forums, so someone please correct me if no VZW Reps visit here.

1) When are we going to get the 2 month old 4.0.4 OTA Update?

2) If we are not will we get the 4.0.5 OTA Update ASAP?

3) I'm getting terrible reception (compared to friend's Bionic, RAZR, Charge, and more; both 4g, 3g, and Call & Text network.) is this hardware or software?

4) Will a new micro SIM help?

Thanks

K

(Seriously disappointed in my VZW service and how VZW let a flagship flop in preference for RAZR.)

Re: A few questions.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This community is a peer to peer customer forum. While there are some VZW employees from their social media team that post here, it can take a few days for them to respond. That gives us users/customers time to offer suggestions and/or assistance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kbohinski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  Do you have any advice then? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a Nexus myself too.

I don't worry about points 1 & 2.

On number #3, I actually thought that the Nexus was better at holding a signal then the Thunderbolt. I can't judge on its usability, but the Nexus will hold a connection longer through a tunnel I use then the Thunderbolt ever did.

For point #4, I haven't tried a different micro SIM card in the Nexus, but I am on my second SIM card since getting a 4G LTE smartphone. I still experience similar connection issues in the same locations as I did with the Thunderbolt. Based on that and reading a blog post on an Android site, I feel as a user that there are still issues in the Network itself. Issues that might take some time to iron out and is not always related to the phones.

Generally, I am pleased with the network and the 4G LTE devices that Verizon Wireless offers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kbohinski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I am happy for you Smiley Happy , but I need a call and text connection AT LEAST> 😐

0 Likes
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good questions--supposedly the 4.0.5 was "early april." I don't know, Verizon doesn't seem concerned with keeping its customers on what is going on with these updates.

alak105
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sure thatupdate that is due "early april" will be like the last two and be "late 2012"  I am with alot of people on here and can't believe Versizon's Flagship 4gLTE phone has been such a flop!  I call tech support on a bi-weekly basis now!  I think they know mw on first name basis just by my voice!  Can't wait for my contract to end!!!