A headache
veronica108

my nexus will not sync my contacts it keep giving me a failed message

0 Likes
Re: A headache
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there veronica10! Really sorry to see that you're having difficulties with your Nexus. You mentioned getting an error message. Can you tell me exactly what it says? Also, which service do you use to backup your contacts? Do you use Backup Assistant or Gmail or another service?

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
gringo28

I am getting an error message with Backup Assistant as well. Have tried backing up via VZW website as well as with the phone. The program stalls each time. My contacts are NOT synched with GMAIL and i've been backing up locally via Companion Link. As a former Blackberry user, I had no idea how quirky Android is.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gringo28 wrote:

I am getting an error message with Backup Assistant as well. Have tried backing up via VZW website as well as with the phone. The program stalls each time. My contacts are NOT synched with GMAIL and i've been backing up locally via Companion Link. As a former Blackberry user, I had no idea how quirky Android is.

Maybe you should think about syncing your contacts with the Gmail account. After having my contacts synced that way for almost three year and reading about the issues people have had with Backup Assistant on here, I am glad to not have that headache

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Gringo28,

Backing up your contacts is so important, so thank you for trying! I'm totally sorry you're getting an error message and I would like to help out!

Ann154 does provide some good feedback. There are multiple ways to ensure your info is safe and sound on an android device.

If you want to use backup assistant you would want to reset the backup assistant application.  Follow these steps:

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Sync Service > Force Close & Clear Data

Go back to backup assistant and try again!

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes