A sad turn of events
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

...so my youngest stepson's HTC Thunderbolt developed a couple of dead spots in the touchscreen and we go to the local Verizon store.

While the store manager is checking the Tbolt the conversation turns to my phone. I wish I could have taken a photo of his face when I told him I had a Fascinate, or even when I said it was working great...he was very surprised and said most don't work. It isn't like they only see the occasional Fascinate either. This isn't a small rural area store. The Metro Nashville area has over one million people and this store is right in the middle of that population area, they see a lot of customers go through and sold a lot of Fascinates.

The Verizon workers in this store consider the Fascinate a lemon, a failed phone. Their SOP is to replace the phone with a different phone when a problem develops. The manager specifically mentioned dropped calls as a common problem.

Later that day my stepboy calls his cousin who also has a Fascinate...his 5th!!! The way his cousin described it this replacement phone is just as buggy as the four before it.

I used to think everyone who was on the various forums all over the 'net complaining about thier crappy Fascinates as unlucky ones who happened to get the few bad phones, just as all products have the occasional glitch. Now I'm beginning to think that I was just lucky and got one of the few good ones...

It is nice to see, however, that Verizon is stepping up to make it right with their customers.

I still really enjoy my phone, it has worked perfectly and I personally have no complaints at all.

0 Likes
Re: A sad turn of events
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

After I put the Leaked ed05 On and it fixed my Phone I stopped by our local Verizon Store to let them know my hell was Over.

To my Surprise they were to busy to talk there were 3 people in the store with Fascinates that were not working.

And to my surprise before I left another Person Came in with a fascinate that was not working.

I Live in a Small town Less than 5000. And none of them knew about the Replacement Policy

On another note I thought it was all Fascinates But it is Not I bought my Son one on eBay for 112.00 thought it was to cheap to pass up And I try as I might it will not miss a call and works perfect.

So it is not just a software problem as I thought. It is how the Software works with Some Phones Not All

The phones I see work have build dates of 10/10 and newer  all the 6 replacement phones I had have a build date of 9/10

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

After I put the Leaked ed05 On and it fixed my Phone I stopped by our local Verizon Store to let them know my hell was Over.

To my Surprise they were to busy to talk there were 3 people in the store with Fascinates that were not working.

And to my surprise before I left another Person Came in with a fascinate that was not working.

I Live in a Small town Less than 5000. And none of them knew about the Replacement Policy

On another note I thought it was all Fascinates But it is Not I bought my Son one on eBay for 112.00 thought it was to cheap to pass up And I try as I might it will not miss a call and works perfect.

So it is not just a software problem as I thought. It is how the Software works with Some Phones Not All

The phones I see work have build dates of 10/10 and newer  all the 6 replacement phones I had have a build date of 9/10

My unit is a 10/10 and I can produce the missed call issue if I switch to the ED04 radio.  I also had the dropping 3G issue unti VZW Tier 2 support ( a very nice lady) did the ESN swap.  There is alot of depate over whether that was device related or network.  Most go with network since it occurred right after the big 4G drop and the ESN swap corrected it.

But all is good and it is a great device after some tweaking and alot of patience.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Steve do you ever get missed calls on cm 7

I was thinking about your set up before I found the ED05 full Leak

Thanks

0 Likes
kkdidit2xs

My husband and I both have a Fascinate, and the problems are just getting worse, so finally we called verizon and the girl said she would ship out our replacement phones, NEXT DAY DELIVERY. And no they are not the same phones. Well she said oh you dont have Saturday Fed Ex delivery, we tried to tell her YES we do, well guess what???? Fed Ex told me that it was Verizons fault we are not getting our phones til next week. So we called Verizon and my husband was so angry, he has been losing business calls and cant get his emails, he needs a phone ASAP just like they said, NEXT DAY DELIVERY, So after fighting to get verizon to make good on their promise of NEXT DAY DELIVERY, they said we would be getting our phones later today, well guess what???? Its 8 pm our time Saturday night, NO PHONES, and Monday is a state Holiday. So bottom line is that VERIZON LIED. HUMMMMM been a customer of theirs for at least 15 years. Maybe its time to switch providers??? Oh, get this, we live in Utah, our phones were sent out of Texas yesterday, and went to Memphis Tenn where they sat all night and then went out today heading to Utah. I dont get it? Memphis is the opposite direction from Utah....Geez, good job verizon. Way to keep your promise and make a long time customer happy.  NOT.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

kkdidit2xs wrote:

My husband and I both have a Fascinate, and the problems are just getting worse, so finally we called verizon and the girl said she would ship out our replacement phones, NEXT DAY DELIVERY. And no they are not the same phones. Well she said oh you dont have Saturday Fed Ex delivery, we tried to tell her YES we do, well guess what???? Fed Ex told me that it was Verizons fault we are not getting our phones til next week. So we called Verizon and my husband was so angry, he has been losing business calls and cant get his emails, he needs a phone ASAP just like they said, NEXT DAY DELIVERY, So after fighting to get verizon to make good on their promise of NEXT DAY DELIVERY, they said we would be getting our phones later today, well guess what???? Its 8 pm our time Saturday night, NO PHONES, and Monday is a state Holiday. So bottom line is that VERIZON LIED. HUMMMMM been a customer of theirs for at least 15 years. Maybe its time to switch providers??? Oh, get this, we live in Utah, our phones were sent out of Texas yesterday, and went to Memphis Tenn where they sat all night and then went out today heading to Utah. I dont get it? Memphis is the opposite direction from Utah....Geez, good job verizon. Way to keep your promise and make a long time customer happy.  NOT.

If Verizon shipped it next day air and I think they would that is how my stepboy's first replacement Tbolt arrived then it would go through Memphis. Memphis is where FedEx HQ is located and is where their largest shipping point is located , all FedEx priority shipping passes through Memphis.

It sounds like either someone at Verizon shipped the phone out late or didn't use priority shipping or FedEx is stalling you. Once FedEx has taken possession Verizon has zero influence over shipping. We have had the "shipper passing the buck" effect where I work before. If you know someone with a FedEx account you can track the shipment and learn everything about it and see for youself who screwed up.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Steve do you ever get missed calls on cm 7

I was thinking about your set up before I found the ED05 full Leak

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of and I get alot of calls because I use it as my work phone too.  Nobody has complained "hey I called you three times" !

0 Likes
kkdidit2xs

Update: Ok so the phones came today, the 25th. and one box felt heavier than the other, so we opened them up. WOW was I **bleep**. Hubby got the incred 2 and I got another stupid fascinate. Oh my. How angry I was and still am. The verizon customer service girl really messed up yet again. We told her we needed 2 Incred 2's, but she failed to perform her job. She even repeated that we said 2. but she did not fill out the order the correct way. So I was on the phone yet again to Verizon. They are shipping out my phone today, so I will have it tomorrow. This has been a complete nightmare. And I have lost all trust and faith in verizon. Sorry, just needed to vent.

0 Likes
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was the Incredible 2 a certified like-new unit?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

wardcst24 wrote:

How can you tell the build date of the phone?

0 Likes