ALPHABETICAL CONTACTS
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

When adding contacts the Fascinate it shows first name and last name. The names are entered correctly and when looking at the contact list they are in alphabetical order using the first name not the last name. Is there a way to have the contacts show alphabetically with the last name first.

I guess one way to do this when setting up the contact is to put the last name in the first name field and the first name in the last name field. Is there another way without deleting all the contacts and starting over!?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ALPHABETICAL CONTACTS
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Apparently not yet on the Fascinate. This, I believe, is a feature that was added in android 2.2 (Froyo) so, if, and when the Fascinate gets upgraded, you should be able to utilize this feature.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Apparently not yet on the Fascinate. This, I believe, is a feature that was added in android 2.2 (Froyo) so, if, and when the Fascinate gets upgraded, you should be able to utilize this feature.
0 Likes
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it! This 2.2 update that I hear so much about, is this a phantom or is this a real update!? If Android has released it why would Verizon sit on it depriving their paying customers?

Have a great one and thank you again!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
It's not necessarily verizon sitting on the update, none of the galaxy s phones have received it yet, on any carrier. The reason it can take so long is because, after google releases the code, the manufacturer tailors it to their phones, adding in whatever lay over ui they use, then the carrier adds their bloatware and removes features they don't want you to have. There is also some speculation that samsung will go straight to 2.3, though it hasn't even been officially announced yet.
0 Likes