ANOTHER FRAIL REPLY!
Dad-Bill
Contributor - Level 1

In a recent post, a verizon wireless employee wrote:

EdW_VZW wrote:

02-25-2011 03:27 PM

"The Froyo 2.2 update for the Samsung Fascinate will be released soon. The update will be sent to these devices when it is released from the manufacture. We apologize for any delay. Since the update is coming from the manufacture, we are still requesting this update 2.2 to be provided as soon as possible and sent to the devices when available." 

Thank You, 

edw@vzwsupport

Verizon works hand in hand with samsung. When we go to a verizon store to buy a samsung cell phone, you, verizon represent samsung in your store. I never saw a samsung sales person in a verizon store selling samsung cells! The point is, BOTH of you are responsible for not releasing froyo! Also, BOTH of you are guilty of giving the fascinate owners the run around and NOT standing behind your represented product!

Verizon says "The Froyo 2.2 update for the Samsung Fascinate will be released soon, and in another post "We do not have any release date for a software update for the Fascinate." Do you really expect us to believe you? No one in verizon knows when the froyo update will be released; no one in verizon has any idea at what stage the update is at? You only have two options, either those making the decisions are lacking intelligence or those making the decisions are incompetent, which one is it!?

Why is samsung and verizon keeping the froyo update notice locked up tighter than the gold in Fort Knox? What are you trying to hide? Will froyo EVER be released for the fascinate? If so, why is it such a secret that you can't tell us what week in what month it will be released? Don't continue treating us like we are stupid. If you really "apologize for any delay" after all the promises and delays we should be getting free unlimited data packages until we have froyo on our fascinates! Your responses are frail and pathetic!

0 Likes
Re: ANOTHER FRAIL REPLY!
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

why does no one understand this. the reason noone at verizon or samsung wants to tell you a date is because THINGS HAPPEN THAT CAUSE UPDATES TO BE DELAYED. this whole complaining thing started because they promised it would be out in a few months. you complain when they tell you, you complain when they don't. STOP COMPLAINING!!

0 Likes
Droidbotics

If we have any chance of getting the froyo update it will probably accrue after Thunderbolt launches.

0 Likes
Droidbotics
The squeaky wheel always gets the oil.
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

only in a fairy tale. in the real world, the squeaky wheel gets repaced, then melted down and recycled.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 wrote:

why does no one understand this. the reason noone at verizon or samsung wants to tell you a date is because THINGS HAPPEN THAT CAUSE UPDATES TO BE DELAYED. this whole complaining thing started because they promised it would be out in a few months. you complain when they tell you, you complain when they don't. STOP COMPLAINING!!

Well Mr.. Canadian why don't you explain what happens! You should try to help and not knock what people say when they are **bleep** off to begin with. I know we need to wait and maybe nothing new will come of the phone but I don't blame the complaints as many were told things from salesmen that don't know anymore than we know.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Droidbotics wrote:
The squeaky wheel always gets the oil.

No, not always. Sometimes, the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

0 Likes
Droidbotics

M91-30, your opinions are rather constipated, just like verizon, who can't put out Sh**t .

0 Likes
itzbob701

M91-30 wrote:

Dude... I assume you are male.. anyway we have valid reasons to complain.There seems to be a lot of white knighting for Verizon and unless a person is being paid by VZW it is not warranted. 

I got my fascinate the week it launched after hunting all over for a Droid X. I actually did my homework and knew about the GPS issue and was told by a VZW sales rep " the fascinate is the last of these Galaxy S phones to be released so Samsung has had time to fix the issue". Of course the demo in the Verizon store (Tigard, OR) worked fine. I told him I was leaning toward the X and he said he wasn't sure when they would be getting more, probably 2 weeks away because people were gobbling them up fast.. I didn't like the droid 2 keyboard or screen size and the Incredible had been out for quite a while so it didnt make sense to buy outdated equipment, so I looked at the fascinate.

The fascinate fit better in my pocket and the screen was pretty nice so I began to consider it. I was days away from the end of my contract with AT&T so it was either go for the fascinate or renew with AT&T, Unlike many others i never had issues with AT&T, I wanted an android phone and VZW had a better selection and supposedly better network (which I have not found to be true in Oregon & SW Washington state). I asked about Froyo and just like many, many others posting in these threads was told it would be coming " very soon". I soon had major problems with the gps, sometimes never getting a lock ( wouldn't lock when moving, would lock in 4-7 minutes when not moving. Not acceptable and I called customer service. Was told GPS fix was coming, Froyo in the works. In my 30 day return period Droid X's were restocked but I had apps, contacts, pictures etc that I didn't want to hassle with putting on a new phone but was told help was coming "soon". 30 days passed, no gps fix, no froyo, bad email support and the phone shutting off randomly....

Finally, the gps was fixed, then slightly broken by the EA28 update (random jerking or the arrow icon going in circles), still no froyo. Flash would be ok, but app to sd (I use some big aps like slingplayer).

It is frustrating and people have good reason to voice their frustration. People should NOT have to take their phone to the dentist to make it run the way it should. Samsung and Verizon share at least equally in this and both don't care once they get your money. Like everyone else here I pay my bill on time and expect to receive the service I pay for including a fully functioning piece of equipment.

Wow.. I got on a roll there. M91-30, I'm glad your phone worked great out of the box, mine and many others didn't.

<rant Off>

0 Likes
nobodysfool59

Samsung, Verizon, please stop this buck-passing, and be straight with us!  I switched from a Blackberry Tour to the Fascinate because I thought I was getting a much better phone.  So far, I am underwhelmed.  On my Blackberry, I could voice dial while driving, On the fascinate, I can't.  Digging into the particulars, vLingo will not work with spoken voice commands over my Jawbone Original Bluetooth earpiece until I have version 2.2 of the OS (Froyo).  It has never worked for me.  And we wait, and we wait, and no Froyo.  Motorola is starting look better and better.  I never had an issue with my Motorola Razr.  I'm starting to miss that phone, and even my Blackberry Tour is starting to look better again...I may have to return this stupid phone, and get an Android phone that actually works as advertised.  Unless this is fixed, and soon, I will never, ever buy another Samsung phone, even if it is free!

0 Likes