Re: ANOTHER FRAIL REPLY!
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

nuance (the voice command software the fascinate comes with) will do voice commands from ANY headset or mic input, for that matter.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 wrote:

nuance (the voice command software the fascinate comes with) will do voice commands from ANY headset or mic input, for that matter.

I beg to differ M91-30 I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth and has worked very good with voice commands on my EnV Touch but does not do voice commands with Nuance on my Fascinate. I have to manually connect to someone on phone and bluetooth works great but with no voice commands. Maybe yours works because you have Froyo?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

After a quick google search it looks like other people have had good luck with it even prior to 2.2

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

bigfrank69 wrote:

M91-30 wrote:

I beg to differ M91-30 I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth and has worked very good with voice commands on my EnV Touch but does not do voice commands with Nuance on my Fascinate. I have to manually connect to someone on phone and bluetooth works great but with no voice commands. Maybe yours works because you have Froyo?

I've had nothing but luck with my plantronics voyager 520, jawbone icon, and plug in cable from my omnia 2, even before froyo. I've had nothing but good luck with nuance on 3 different samsung models.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 wrote:

bigfrank69 wrote:

M91-30 wrote:

I've had nothing but luck with my plantronics voyager 520, jawbone icon, and plug in cable from my omnia 2, even before froyo. I've had nothing but good luck with nuance on 3 different samsung models.

In order for bluetooth to work with voice commands I have to manually click on Nuance and then it says say a command and cant recognize my command never had so bad as with this phone. I use speech to text for messages and that works pretty good but with VC on Bluetooth quicker just to go into contacts and find and call manually..

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

odd, try froyo.

0 Likes
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually understand why people are upset. But I do not care anymore.I'm tired of hearing it and seeing it clogging the fourms everyday when I come to check post for other things I look up.  You people really think vzw is going to just be all scared and say okay here is a half made 2.2 just for you guys to **bleep**. Not really.... I agree with the Canadain(spelling?) How ever look at past examples such as older model droids that got shafted the fasincate is just not that popular of a phone I mean why even bother when you got like 20 more Galaxy S phones coming out within the next couple years alone. Why waste the time doing an update for the fascinate when its sales were horrible.

Best thing everyone can do is do the thing we can not say to your phone ( or get a pro or youtube video to show you how) to get froyo on it and just wait until you get a phone in the furture that has it stock and then you can complain it doesn't come with Android 5.0 or some crap. :robottongue: 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Actually according to the TOS all these threads about not getting FROYO could be a violation and maybe they should be removed and or locked?

How about a comment from a moderator please.

"

• "Bombing" the Verizon Community or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of the Verizon Community, excessive cross-posting;"

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Those are only selectively enforced.  If they had how to root in the thread title or posts, they would've been gone a long time ago. 

0 Likes
geolehman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nuance is crap.  Android 2.1 is not capable of receiving voice commands over bluetooth.  Speaking to it while you have a bluetooth headset on does not mean it is using the headset microphone for voice commands.

0 Likes