Accidentally deleted an SMS string, need to restore it
jgulbronso

I accidentally deleted my text string between my wife and I. I followed web advice and Verizon advice, but no luck. The Verizon advice asks me to restore from the SD card, but nothing shows up when I select that option. I have a Samsung S21. 

As well, text messages used to show up with a notification on the SMS icon, for example that I had 5 messages. It no longer does this. Seperate issue, but any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you were backing up your texts, you should be able to restore them from that backup. If you weren't backing up your texts, then unfortunately, once you delete them from the phone, they're gone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you were backing up your texts, you should be able to restore them from that backup. If you weren't backing up your texts, then unfortunately, once you delete them from the phone, they're gone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that your messages were deleted by accident. As our colleague previously mentioned, the only way to access deleted messages is if you were back in them up in the Cloud. Is that the case?

Also, let's make sure your notifications are properly adjusted. Please follow the next process. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-300894/ ~Geo