I switched over to Google Voice, but I cannot clear my standard voicemail
notification, I was able to get back into my standard voicemail and check all
my messages, then go to my voicemail control panel and disable notifications,
but my phone is still convinced that I have a dozen voicemails, how do I reset
Hi janzend. I can help with getting your old voicemail notifications reset. What happens when you activate Google Voice, it activates Call Forwarding to your Google Voice number, leaving your old messages on Verizon inaccessible. When you got into your Verizon voicemail and turned off notifications, that actually disabled the voicemail's ability to let your phone know you don't have a voicemail. Basically, your phone and voicemail are confused and stopped talking to each other. Here's how you can fix this:
1) Disable Call Forwarding. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=17268
2) Dial *86 to access your Verizon voicemail. Go back into the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) and turn it on.
3) Get someone to call and leave you a voicemail.
4) Dial *86 to check your Verizon voicemail again, this time leaving the MWI on. After you've deleted your new message, the MWI will disappear within a few moments.
5) Reactivate your Call Forwarding to your Google Voice number.
I'm sure these steps will work, but I'm here to help if you still need me.
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport