Adobe Flashplayer issue
techlife2

Well, I seem to be like a boom a rang - I keep coming back!  Anyway, I didn't realize that Adobe Flashplayer came with the Froyo 2.2 update!   I went ahead and installed Flashplayer 10.2 after the Froyo update.  Now, if I go to CNN.com (full site) and try to watch one of the news videos, the site is asking me to install Adobe Flashplayer.  If I click on the install button for the flashplayer, the site says my OS will not support the player'.  Froyo 2.2 DOES support the Adobe Flashplayer yet, I can't seem to make the smart(dumb)phone understand that the player is already installed. What is my next step in troubleshooting this problem?  I have already tried a soft reset! Thank you....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adobe Flashplayer issue
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

techlife2 wrote:

I have tried to uninstall the Adobe Flashplayer app but all it will allow me to do is uninstall any updates for that app.  HELP!

I guess that would be an issue since it is now part of the os. I guess in this situation you would have to do a complete factory reset is the only option I see now..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

techlife2 wrote:

Well, I seem to be like a boom a rang - I keep coming back!  Anyway, I didn't realize that Adobe Flashplayer came with the Froyo 2.2 update!   I went ahead and installed Flashplayer 10.2 after the Froyo update.  Now, if I go to CNN.com (full site) and try to watch one of the news videos, the site is asking me to install Adobe Flashplayer.  If I click on the install button for the flashplayer, the site says my OS will not support the player'.  Froyo 2.2 DOES support the Adobe Flashplayer yet, I can't seem to make the smart(dumb)phone understand that the player is already installed. What is my next step in troubleshooting this problem?  I have already tried a soft reset! Thank you....

Uninstall the adobe flash player, remove your battery, hold the vol. up for a several seconds, reinsert the battery, turn the phone on and reinstall the app
0 Likes
techlife2

I have tried to uninstall the Adobe Flashplayer app but all it will allow me to do is uninstall any updates for that app.  HELP!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

techlife2 wrote:

I guess that would be an issue since it is now part of the os. I guess in this situation you would have to do a complete factory reset is the only option I see now..
0 Likes
Peggy6374

I don't understand how a "smart" phone can get so dumb.  I used the Flashplayer on my HTC Incredible and it worked fine.  There must be a way to make it work with the Thunderbolt...that is short of a factory reset.  Come on now.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Go to your Browser settings, go to Enable Plug-ins and check Always On. See if that helps.

0 Likes
longplaypg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before you do the factory reset I would try the following.

Visit the market

my apps

Find flash and uninstall it

When it is complete ask the phone to power off

Give the phone a minute once the screen goes black

Power on the phone

Visit the market

Search for flash

Select adobe flash player 11

Update flash it should update to v11 not v10

Once it is installed open your browser

menu

select more

select settings

enable plug-ins

select always on (as suggest by smokie11)

Now you don't have to do this it is my own habit, but I usually shut down the phone after installing a new app

Visit the page and see if it works...

If it does I suggest changing the enable plug -ins always on to on demand and try again.

This will put a green arrow that shows where the flash is. You click the green arrow and the flash will load and start to play. I prefer this method to keep my phone from getting overwhelmed when multiple flash items are present.

0 Likes