After Jellybean update, got sporadic errors, then today phone stopped being able to charge.
lebolonius

The sporadic errors included random restarts and getting stuck on the Google logo.

Then, today, the phone stopped being able to charge entirely.  I used another Nexus and put my battery into it, that will charge the battery, but my phone won't charge any battery.  I got my phone in September when it was first released.  How should I proceed with this?

Leon

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: After Jellybean update, got sporadic errors, then today phone stopped being able to charge.
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I'm getting random reboots 2-3 times a week since I've received the ota stock 4.1 JB update too. It's a stable build, you could try saving all your data and apps with a back up app and factory reset the phone, or it's probably one of your apps.  Most forums I've been reading are pointing to one or more apps being the culprit, but not specific to which one.  Not all apps are updated to work with Jellybean yet.  Right now most apps are trying to catch up to ICS compatibility in the play store.  I've already had to uninstall a few apps that won't even open because of JellyBean.  I'd say check all your downloaded apps in the play store, and under "description" and "what's new" because they'll usually say JB compatible or updated if they are.  And then just use process of elimination.  I have tune in radio app, and I'm thinking that this may be one of the apps, but could be a few more.  But all signs are pointing to apps for the problem.Good Luck!

Also I only had 3 random reboots with my Nexus on ICS but the 4.0.4 fixed most of my bugs, and JB fixed my last bug of camera not connecting, so I know it's not my phone itself. Also I noticed after having ICS my apps didn't work well because they weren't updated for ICS compatibility, and after a couple months they were. I wrote the developers emails, located at bottom of app description under reviews in play store, and a lot of them were nice to reply they were aware or unaware and worked on the issue.

0 Likes
Re: After Jellybean update, got sporadic errors, then today phone stopped being able to charge.
Jehuty

My advice would be to take it into your local verizon store and explain the issues you're having they should be able to help you out.

0 Likes