After the last update - calls do not come through
Angelique527

Hi,

my fiancee and I both have a Samsung Fascinate. In recent weeks we are having problems receiving calls from each other.  I do not receive his calls and he doesn't receive mine, yet the person who is calling can hear the phone ring at the end of the line and it will go to VM after a certain number of rings just like it would normally. Yet the calls never ring through to the receiving party. WHY?  Text messaging seems to be working normal between us, but the phone situation is ridiculous. We noticed that this all started after this last update that was automatically installed on our phones.. We compare phone logs all the time and we can clearly see where the other person has called, but neither of us ever receives those phone calls. Other calls seems to come through just fine and I can call his ATT Blackberry and it will ring right in. It seems to be a Samsung Fascinate Issue??????  Can anyone help with this?? It's really making us mad not being able to get a hold of the other one when needed.

0 Likes
Re: After the last update - calls do not come through
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

There are two other threads already on this they explain what is happening and how to check if this is your problem

here is a links to them

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Phone-not-receiving-calls-during-Sleep-mode/td-p/54410...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Incoming-calls-not-coming-through/td-p/516862

0 Likes
Not applicable

We are currently investigating this issue. We released a software update on 6/9 to resolve this issue but some users are still having problems. We are still researching the cause. 

0 Likes
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@VZWSupport tweeted me (as an answer to a different issue), "Factory resets are recommended after a software update. Resetting the device resolves many issues"

Just factory reset your Fascinate....that seems to be VZW's answer for everything. So every time the push a sfotware update, spend a day and half performing a backup, reset, and restore....simple as that...really that's reasonable isn't it (psssst.....that's sarcasm).

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

hudtownman wrote:

@VZWSupport tweeted me (as an answer to a different issue), "Factory resets are recommended after a software update. Resetting the device resolves many issues"

Just factory reset your Fascinate....that seems to be VZW's answer for everything. So every time the push a sfotware update, spend a day and half performing a backup, reset, and restore....simple as that...really that's reasonable isn't it (psssst.....that's sarcasm).

Tried the factory reset when testing ED04.  Didn't work don't waste your time.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

We are currently investigating this issue. We released a software update on 6/9 to resolve this issue but some users are still having problems. We are still researching the cause. 

HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ANY THING YET

Please let us know

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for your patience. This issue has been escalated to Samsung and we are working with them to resolve this. At this time, I do not have a date on a new software version. 

0 Likes