Re: Again and again and again and again
techlife2

To be honest with everyone, I have had my fill of this forum. It is the same old stuff - day after day!  Where is Froyo? What about Gingerbread! My salesman told me the update would arrive soon!  Verizon doesn't care about its customers - Samsung doesn't listen to their customers.   For the most part, we have forty million different threads discussing the same thing - the initial design is all wrong!  Now, you're suppose to have a solution to the problem before you complain but, in this case, I don't!  So, if anyone is listening, remember this: "Hindsight is not 20/20 but, rather, foresight without a future!"  :smileywink:

0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

techlife2 wrote:

To be honest with everyone, I have had my fill of this forum. It is the same old stuff - day after day!  Where is Froyo? What about Gingerbread! My salesman told me the update would arrive soon!  Verizon doesn't care about its customers - Samsung doesn't listen to their customers.   For the most part, we have forty million different threads discussing the same thing - the initial design is all wrong!  Now, you're suppose to have a solution to the problem before you complain but, in this case, I don't!  So, if anyone is listening, remember this: "Hindsight is not 20/20 but, rather, foresight without a future!"  :smileywink:

While it is true that this particular section of the board related to the Fascinate has been cluttered with complaints, loud declarations, and profanity ( to a degree), it has also been filled with members whom have offered solutions to my problems regarding my phone. Sometimes the solutions were very simple, but not once was I met with condescension . A lot of members here have very legitimate beefs like those that were sold the dock for Fascinate, but it won't work with the current software version (I hope big red refunded you your money for this). Last time I looked this is America, and we are privileged and very grateful to have freedom of speech. That being said I can see your point and also support your choice to leave this board.

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

So when Samsung releases their next phone they wont make a sale to the 10,000 people that complained about not getting Froyo but they will sell to the other 2mil+ customers that love their phones as they currently are.

0 Likes
sandystorm
Maryl you probably don't even have a Fascinate and should not bother telling us what to do or not do. If you don't like this forum please don't read it or comment just go to another one and harass them
0 Likes
maryl
Contributor - Level 1

sandystorm wrote:
Maryl you probably don't even have a Fascinate and should not bother telling us what to do or not do. If you don't like this forum please don't read it or comment just go to another one and harass them

I don't know what I said to offend you sandystorm. I am not telling you what to and what not to do . And what makes you think I don't own a Fascinate, because I haven't put it in my profile? I just said if you read my comment above that  I have been helped by many members of this board and I am grateful for it. I also said that I support freedom of speech, so anyone is free to say what they do and don't like about their phones, service , etc. So you tell me, sandstorm what is wrong with those statements?A member stated that they no longer found being on the board beneficial because he was tired of the complaints. I simply said that there were a lot of complaints about the Fascinate, but people have a right to complain, and that I was helped by a lot of members on this board. I think you misinterpreted my statements. For you information btw I do own a Fascinate

0 Likes
sandystorm

maryl wrote:

sandystorm wrote:

I don't know what I said to offend you sandystorm. I am not telling you what to and what not to do . And what makes you think I don't own a Fascinate, because I haven't put it in my profile? I just said if you read my comment above that  I have been helped by many members of this board and I am grateful for it. I also said that I support freedom of speech, so anyone is free to say what they do and don't like about their phones, service , etc. So you tell me, sandstorm what is wrong with those statements?A member stated that they no longer found being on the board beneficial because he was tired of the complaints. I simply said that there were a lot of complaints about the Fascinate, but people have a right to complain, and that I was helped by a lot of members on this board. I think you misinterpreted my statements. For you information btw I do own a Fascinate

Thats cool

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

I really would like to know where people got the idea that they are entitled to Froyo and that Verizon is the one to blame for not getting it.  Grow up!  Before I got my Fascinate, a friend of mine showed me his Vibrant which is almost identical and explained that Verizon had the Fascinate.  After checking out the Fascinate in the store, I decided to get it.  Why...because it was a heck of a lot better than my Blackberry Storm 2.  More apps, more responsive, better integration with my Google account, the list goes on and on...

Did I know that Froyo was around the corner?  Nope!  Did a Verizon representive mention it to me?  Nope!  I got the phone based on what most people do.  A reccomendation of a friend and actually playing with the device.  Btw.  My friend still had 2.1 on his phone at the time he reccommended it. 

Would getting 2.2 be cool?  Yep!  Does it matter all that much?  Nope!  The phone does everything I want it to do (and then some)...and more than my old phone did.  My service is great...no dropped calls, a respectable data rate, and the phone works when I want it to.

Verizon will release Froyo when they are ready to, and not a moment earlier.  If you HAVE to have Froyo that badly, then get a phone that has it already installed.  Otherwise, quite whining and enjoy what you have.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

gernerttl wrote:

Verizon will release Froyo when they are ready to, and not a moment earlier.  If you HAVE to have Froyo that badly, then get a phone that has it already installed.  Otherwise, quite whining and enjoy what you have.

No. Don't do that.  I love to listen to all of the current (and former) Fascinate owners.  You have the ridiculously ticked off ("I'm gonna shove this phone..."), the lawyers ("Join our class-action"), the smug criminals ("I already broke out of jail!"), the conspiracy theorists ("VZ/SS/MS have made a deal with the Devil"), the social networkers ("The power of Twitter compels you!"), the whiners whining abount whiners ("Quit whining!"), the passive hippies ("it will come when it comes, man"),and my favorite, the blissfully unaware ("What's Froyo?").  

If you think about it, the Froyo threads are the the ultimate "Whack-a-mole" equivalent for Fascinate lovers and haters.  We ALL want our Fascinate to be upgraded - We just deal with it differently.  I come to the forum for a good laugh, some insight, and any shread of news about the Fascinate (since we know it isn't coming from Big Red).  What do you come for?

Now, let's see...am I one of those hippies?   

0 Likes
sandystorm

RunSilent23 wrote:

gernerttl wrote:

No. Don't do that.  I love to listen to all of the current (and former) Fascinate owners.  You have the ridiculously ticked off ("I'm gonna shove this phone..."), the lawyers ("Join our class-action"), the smug criminals ("I already broke out of jail!"), the conspiracy theorists ("VZ/SS/MS have made a deal with the Devil"), the social networkers ("The power of Twitter compels you!"), the whiners whining abount whiners ("Quit whining!"), the passive hippies ("it will come when it comes, man"),and my favorite, the blissfully unaware ("What's Froyo?").  

If you think about it, the Froyo threads are the the ultimate "Whack-a-mole" equivalent for Fascinate lovers and haters.  We ALL want our Fascinate to be upgraded - We just deal with it differently.  I come to the forum for a good laugh, some insight, and any shread of news about the Fascinate (since we know it isn't coming from Big Red).  What do you come for?

Now, let's see...am I one of those hippies?   

I enjoy this forum and the whining and we will get Froyo when they are ready to give it to us and maybe they wont give at all. You talk about hippies well lets get together and smoke some goodstuff and laugh at all this bull crap on here. I dont think we are getting any new updates for the Fascinate so i am just waiting to get a new phone when it is released and it wont be a Samsung

0 Likes
Droidbotics
Dude chill, Veges is the answer!
0 Likes