Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alarm
minniem999

Maybe a trivial thing for most people.. but I use the Alarm clock from my phone.    With my blackberry, I could shut it off and still be awakened by the alarm.   With the Fascinate, the phone  has to be on for it to work.     Its annoying because of the battery wearing down over night, and because I don't want to be woken up by phone calls, texts, or emails coming in (and yes, I know you can silence those... but its alot for me to remember :womansurprised:

0 Likes
Re: Alarm
VZW_Zrock02
Novice

The easiest thing to do this without having to remember much is to set up a Airplane Mode toggle widget on your home screen. This will enable you to leave your phone on but will turn off connection to the network. To do this follow the instructions listed below:

1.Press Menu

2. Add

3. Widgets

4. Airplane Mode Toggle

Once you have done this you can test it by enabling and disabling it.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Novice

Is this a different Airplane Mode toggle than is available in the Notification Panel?  Pulling the Notification Panel down and hitting Airplane mode is pretty simple.  Being a newbie myself just wanted to know if it is different.  Thanks.

0 Likes
kytoga

Hey Zachary,

I'm a big alarm user myself and i was reading on other forums that it's best to charge the fascinate "powered off" -- that it will be better for battery life-- and the battery itself. And so this is posing a problem for the alarm, any suggestions, other than Airplane mode? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
minniem999

Yeah, I have the same concerns.   I don't want to have to keep the phone on all night.    My battery life has improved  significantly over the past few days, and its because I charge with it it off.     I have to charge every day, I am a heavy user.   If I have to keep it on all night because of the alarm clock, it defeats the whole purpose.     Surely there's a way to turn the device on automatically?

0 Likes