After the June 11, 2018 Oreo upgrade, I so far have 2 issues.
My apps are no longer alphabetized. How do I get them back to being alphabetized?
Prior to the upgrade, I had an icon on my home screen that consisted of 9 dots that when pressed brought up my apps. Is that gone for good?
Can you swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to open the app drawer?
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Normally I use Nova Launcher to replace the stock Samsung launcher. Under Oreo it shows up as "Samsung Experience Home". I switched from Nova to the stock launcher and my icon appeared with 9 dots. Once clicking on it the apps list appeared and then sorting was adjusting via tapping on the 3 stacked dots on the top right side of the windows. Select Sort and then you have the option of "Custom order" or "Alphabetize order".
Now, you say you don't even have the 9 dot button to access the apps on your home screen? Okay, try the following:
- Long-press on an empty space on your home screen until the window changes and you see it get smaller in size and icons for wallpaper, themes, widgets, and home screen settings appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Home screen settings"
- Look at the fourth item from the top of the setting screen that appears. It should read "Apps button" with a description under it. Tap on it.
- You will now be presented with a screen with two options: "Show Apps button" or "Hide Apps button". Obviously, make sure that "Show Apps button" is selected and click apply after changing it.
- After changing the setting you'll be switched back to the previous setting screen.
- Press the Home button and the Apps button should be on your Home screen.
- Click on the Apps button, in the Apps selection click on the 3 stacked dots at the top right of the screen, click Sort, and then click "Alphabetical order". All the apps should now be alphabetized. You can then click the Home button to exit back to your Home screen.
In case an alternate launcher is being used these are the directions to switch back to the "Samsung Experience Home":
- Pull down from the top of the screen
- Select the Settings icon in the top right.
- Scroll down to "Apps" and click on it
- Tap on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right side of the screen.
- Tap on "Default Apps"
- Tap on "Home Screen"
- Select "Samsung Experience Home"
- You'll be exited back to the previous setting screen.
- Press the "Home" button and you'll now be running "Samsung Experience Home" as your launcher.
RetiredTrooper, our goal today is to make sure that we have your device set up the way you like it to be after the latest updates. Ann154 did ask a great question, are you able to access your apps this way?
Kincaed did offer the right steps as to how to get your apps back in Alphabetical order. Did the steps that Kincaed help? Please keep us posted of things are back on the right path for you.
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!