Re: Am I asking for too much?
micuss

My phone has the exact issues and all they keep doing is swapping out to a refurb nexus and swapping my sim card. It is infuriating.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

They sent me back a brand new handset that was built in January.  Seems the later chipset versions are a bit better at holding a signal.  Since then I have not had any major problems.  I mean one or two here and there...but this is wireless...I can't expect it to be perfect.  Also, do the unspeakable.  You'll never regret it.

~D

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Does this begin with an R?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Yep, dentistry all the way.

0 Likes
uiucoppa

Yep, same here, but my original phone had power button issue, couldn't turn on or wake up the phone, so swapped with Refurb and now having "Mobile Network Not Available", so swapped again with another Refurb phone.  Same issues, dropping calls, and no data when I need it.  Went to the Verizon store again, and they basically said, it's Software issue, so we all have to wait till Samsung or Google releases next s/w update.

0 Likes
slr7287
Enthusiast - Level 3

ANNNNND then my phone goes back to having signal issues. /sigh

I wonder if its because a new version came out and I havent updated it yet?
My calls are definately lasting longer - 20 minutes before a DC rather than 3minutes.

Today I will try going from the Candy Version to the Liquid. I shall see if I have any more issues.

0 Likes
slr7287
Enthusiast - Level 3

So despite being hopeful, and flashing Liquidsmooth, my signal didnt improve.
I've tried with different radios, different roms. So in the end, it comes down to hardware, which really, really makes me mad. I've been told by several Verzion techs that I'm in a weak svc area, which I must call b.s on, because my husband on his razr, has never had any issues; my M-I-L and BF has had no issues, and none, and I mean NONE of my neighbors have issues.  I've had this issue here in GA, in FL, and roaming in the Carribean.

So although, I feel Ive had the utmost patience on this phone, and it severely agitates me to get a different phone, Verizon is switching my phone to a Maxx.

Call me spoiled, but darn it, I got used to 4.1 and how customized Liquid is for the last 2 weeks. Its going to be odd going to a phone that I despise so much.

Thanks, for nothing Verizon.
NO, I am NOT grateful. I SHOULDNT have to change my phone out because of a hardware issue - I have nothing to be grateful over. You have given me nothing but a headache the last 6 months, and now I'll have to have a phone that I don't want, because you don't want to be responsible for the issues the Nexus has.

0 Likes