Re: An/yone Have A Successful upgrade/update to Android 2.2 Froyo
DaD2B33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they told me its the 2.3 gingerbread thats having issues and not to download it. I am running 2.2.1 and have had one glitch but otherwise fine

0 Likes
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I guess I got lucky. I had a near full charge on my phone and did the 2.2 and ED04 update. Both worked well. I can now use Flash and there have been some improvements. The phone did lose some battery life. I was able to go nearly two days with light use. Now 1 day of light use at most. Check Email, perhaps 30 min of web browsing and a few short phone calls will drain the battery by the end of the day.  Heavy use I can get perhaps half a day. The clock with weather widget on my phone sometimes hangs up or disappears when I close an app or the web for a few seconds then reappears the phone does slow down for a few seconds sometimes too when opening or closing apps or the web, on other occasions it seems to run faster than before the update. I have as far as I know gotten phone calls, texts and Emails. I did not do a reset and I did not loose any saved data. My preferences did change on my home screen and a few other things that I had to reset from default to what I wanted. Something is glitchy in the software.

0 Likes
cactusjumper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sadly, I began having problems with my Fascinate several days after the update on July 6th. ie missed calls, dropped internet connection, screen would stay in landscape mode until a restart, and random screen captures. Very unhappy as i really like the Fascinate.

Since I have no faith in a fix happening in a timely manner, although I could be wrong on that, I therefore, have returned the Fascinate and replaced it with the HTC Incredible 2. Have my fingers crossed the Incredible 2 does not have problems as I cannot exchange it for another smart phone. Only get to do that once during the 14 day upgrade trial period.

2 hours after the Incredible 2 was activated I got the update notification for Gingerbread, I elected to delay the update, don't want to mess up this phone. I will wait for feedback on the update, if favorable results are reported I may update at a later date.

cactusjumper 

0 Likes
cactusjumper
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sadly, I began having problems with my Fascinate several days after the update on July 6th. ie missed calls, dropped internet connection, screen would stay in landscape mode until a restart, and random screen captures. Very unhappy as i really like the Fascinate.

Since I have no faith in a fix happening in a timely manner, although I could be wrong on that, I therefore, have returned the Fascinate and replaced it with the HTC Incredible 2. Have my fingers crossed the Incredible 2 does not have problems as I cannot exchange it for another smart phone. Only get to do that once during the 14 day upgrade trial period.

2 hours after the Incredible 2 was activated I got the update notification for Gingerbread, I elected to delay the update, don't want to mess up this phone. I will wait for feedback on the update, if favorable results are reported I may update at a later date.

cactusjumper 

0 Likes