Android 2.2 Froyo Update
Sweetie1215

I decided to email Samsung yesterday asking about the Froyo update. Here is their response:

"Thank you for your inquiry, Samsung Mobile does not comment on rumors or speculation. With regard to the Froyo update, we recently issued the following statement: “Samsung feels it is important to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available only after we feel that we can give the millions of U.S. Galaxy S owners a simple and reliable upgrade experience. Due to the complexity and unique functionality of each Galaxy S device, we are performing additional testing and are working to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available to all U.S. Galaxy S owners, including the Samsung Fascinate, as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products."

I'm anxious like everyone else to get this update. I have a friend who has the Samsung Vibrate, once you have see what all the Froyo update has to offer it's hard to be patient.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 2.2 Froyo Update
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Verizon Wireless began pushing Android 2.2, Froyo, to the Samsung Fascinate on April 21, 2011.  Enhancements include support for Adobe Flash Player.  You can visit www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport for more information and download instructions for the software update. Customers will also be able to download the update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Update Phone.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jetsfan17

Seeing that the At&t Captivate gets its official Froyo tomorrow doesn't help any either. Fascinate is now the only Galaxy S phone stuck on Eclair. I feel your pain, but waiting is all I can do. I'm not quite ready to consider a "root canal" because I'm not very tech savvy. I hope we see something soon.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

That's just Samsung's canned response that's they've been giving for a while now.  There's apparently a new guy working on it who seems to be lighting a fire under people.

0 Likes
Sweetie1215

I'm not very tech savvy either. I'd rather wait on the official one than try the "root canal".

I really hope this new guy can make the magic happen!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

http://twitter.com/#!/SamsungJohn is his twitter for anyone interested.  

0 Likes
techlife2

The canned comment you posted was very informative; however, I doubt it stated: "including the Samsung Fascinate" at the end of the response.  I have received the same canned response several times and the words "Samsung Fascinate" have NEVER been included - Please check that message again.....

0 Likes
Sweetie1215

No need to check the message again, that is what it said! If you doubt it email Samsung yourself!

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

Jetsfan17 wrote:

Seeing that the At&t Captivate gets its official Froyo tomorrow doesn't help any either. Fascinate is now the only Galaxy S phone stuck on Eclair. I feel your pain, but waiting is all I can do. I'm not quite ready to consider a "root canal" because I'm not very tech savvy. I hope we see something soon.

you are wrong, the continuum, and I do not believe the mezmerize has it yet, either.

0 Likes
Jetsfan17

That's right, I tend to forget about those newer phones.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

At least Samsung replies even if it is canned

Way better than Verizon

Have not heard boo from them

0 Likes