Android 4.0.3 update for GNEX coming soon?
wildroid

Does anyone know when the Android 4.0.3 update is coming to the GNEX? I ask because this update is supposedly going to fix a number of issues namely the data connection or how the data connection is reflected on the notification bar. Thanks in advance to anyone that answers this question Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android 4.0.3 update for GNEX coming soon?
Tidbits
Legend

Google support forums is the best people to ask.  Google handles the update on their own.

0 Likes
Larzzzzz

I found this, but wasn't sure if it's a spoof or what. The GNex is my first Android phone, so I haven't learned any of the tricks yet...

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/galaxy-nexus-gets-ics-4-0-4-update/

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Thinking that's we will see 4.0.5 before 4.0.3.  Or 4.0.4.

~D

0 Likes
ozzyager
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking we'll see 4.0.6 before 4.0.5.  And then I'm also thinking we'll see 4.0.7 before 4.0.6, and so on...

0 Likes
ozzyager
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the real OTA that a few people in the test community received.  If you are willing to go through the process of unlocking your bootloader (which isn't really too hard if you follow step-by-step instructions like I did) then you can go into your phone via your computer and push the update to your device.  Having said that, I kept receiving an error that others seemed to be getting as well, so I couldn't get 4.0.4 to go through completely.

Anyway - those that have gotten it to work seem to really like the speed tweaks, data connection update, and some other tweaks - like additional options on the "power down" pop up (when you hold down the power button).

I haven't seen anything about an official release of 4.0.etc via OTA, though...

0 Likes
aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has to be the worst partnership to date between Google and a carrier. Verizon is way to controlling on the Nexus, give us a pure exp. That was why I bought the darn phone, to get away from bloat and poorly executed launchers. I love the Nexus, best phone I have ever owned to be honest, but dropped calls, no mic on calls, poor 4G connections are not what I would call a good move. Come on Google, step up and support those that took you up on your Pure Google exp and tell V to get out of the way.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is NO partnership...  The Nexus Line has ALWAYS been a developers device first consumer device second...  It hasn't changed since the ADP devices were being sold by Google.

0 Likes
aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really? And the fact that they had an exclusive is not a partnership? Google worked a deal/partnership to release the Nexus on V. Plain and simple. I highly doubt that Verizon will let Google "just" release an update without a wave of the hand. The holdup here, Verizon. As for being a developer phone, that is what we, the community are saying, not Verizon or Google. Show me the marketing piece that states as much? If I am wrong, I will admit I am wrong, but I have not seen any "official" statement that we have a developers phone per say. Because the phone has debug/dev tools does not mean it's a developer phone and sold as such.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There was NEVER an exclusive...

0 Likes