Android 4.0.3 update for GNEX coming soon?
wildroid

Does anyone know when the Android 4.0.3 update is coming to the GNEX? I ask because this update is supposedly going to fix a number of issues namely the data connection or how the data connection is reflected on the notification bar. Thanks in advance to anyone that answers this question Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Android 4.0.3 update for GNEX coming soon?
Tidbits
Legend

Google support forums is the best people to ask.  Google handles the update on their own.

0 Likes
Larzzzzz

I found this, but wasn't sure if it's a spoof or what. The GNex is my first Android phone, so I haven't learned any of the tricks yet...

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/galaxy-nexus-gets-ics-4-0-4-update/

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Thinking that's we will see 4.0.5 before 4.0.3.  Or 4.0.4.

~D

0 Likes
ozzyager
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking we'll see 4.0.6 before 4.0.5.  And then I'm also thinking we'll see 4.0.7 before 4.0.6, and so on...

0 Likes
ozzyager
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the real OTA that a few people in the test community received.  If you are willing to go through the process of unlocking your bootloader (which isn't really too hard if you follow step-by-step instructions like I did) then you can go into your phone via your computer and push the update to your device.  Having said that, I kept receiving an error that others seemed to be getting as well, so I couldn't get 4.0.4 to go through completely.

Anyway - those that have gotten it to work seem to really like the speed tweaks, data connection update, and some other tweaks - like additional options on the "power down" pop up (when you hold down the power button).

I haven't seen anything about an official release of 4.0.etc via OTA, though...

0 Likes
aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has to be the worst partnership to date between Google and a carrier. Verizon is way to controlling on the Nexus, give us a pure exp. That was why I bought the darn phone, to get away from bloat and poorly executed launchers. I love the Nexus, best phone I have ever owned to be honest, but dropped calls, no mic on calls, poor 4G connections are not what I would call a good move. Come on Google, step up and support those that took you up on your Pure Google exp and tell V to get out of the way.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is NO partnership...  The Nexus Line has ALWAYS been a developers device first consumer device second...  It hasn't changed since the ADP devices were being sold by Google.

0 Likes
aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really? And the fact that they had an exclusive is not a partnership? Google worked a deal/partnership to release the Nexus on V. Plain and simple. I highly doubt that Verizon will let Google "just" release an update without a wave of the hand. The holdup here, Verizon. As for being a developer phone, that is what we, the community are saying, not Verizon or Google. Show me the marketing piece that states as much? If I am wrong, I will admit I am wrong, but I have not seen any "official" statement that we have a developers phone per say. Because the phone has debug/dev tools does not mean it's a developer phone and sold as such.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There was NEVER an exclusive...

0 Likes