Android 4.0.4 OTA?
fratstar91

I know some galaxy nexus LTE users have already received the OTA 4.0.4 but does anyone know when Verizon will fully push it out to everyone? Verizon technical support also confirmed to me that the rollout process has begun, I just want to know when the majority of users will have it pushed out to their device

0 Likes
Re: Android 4.0.4 OTA?
kecker
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a Nexus device, updates should come from Google.

And it's wrong to say "some" Galaxy Nexus LTE users have already received this update.  ONE did....by accident probably.  And from that one update, Android enthusiasts at XDA have extrapolated the theoretical update and propagated it across the internet.

It's an unofficial update, but it seems solid enough that an official 4.0.4 update is likely around the corner.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes updates come from Google. Reports of some users getting it is just a soak test. If all goes well they'll update some morw devices.

0 Likes
kecker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fortunately by all accounts (that I've seen anyway) it is a very good upgrade with no issues that I've seen reported.

Hopefully that means in the next couple days we'll be seeing an OTA for real.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The leaked is signed with a release key. So it is at least in the RC stage. We might be getting this update, revised update, or a different 4.0.4 update. Won't know until Google releases something.

0 Likes
Brewnote

Actually that's not true - Google releases Android updates, but Verizon is responsible for scheduling the OTA update.  I have been in touch with Google directly on this after submitting a bug report which was fixed in 4.0.3.  I don't know why Verizon is stalling.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Good to know Brewnote.  I am anxiously awaiting the official update. I'm on my third G NEX and this one has better radio's, I'm not losing signal 17 - 25% everyday, it's around 0% - 3%. My wifi turns off randomly, especially at night and the landscape keyboard is so laggy that sometimes I have to wait for it to catch up after typing a word. I downloaded SwiftKey X and it's worlds better in landscape mode. I also have to use handcent text app so I can send and receive pics via text message. The stock text program will not allow me to do either. Otherwise I love the phone. Please Verizon, if the update is good, release it!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Brewnote wrote:

Actually that's not true - Google releases Android updates, but Verizon is responsible for scheduling the OTA update.  I have been in touch with Google directly on this after submitting a bug report which was fixed in 4.0.3.  I don't know why Verizon is stalling.

That is false.  Google does the updates and pushes the updates on their own.  It's no different with the Nexus One, Nexus S, and Galaxy Nexus.  It has always been pushed off their own servers, and there is NOTHING Verizon can do to stop them.

0 Likes
Brewnote
0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi, there! you're given the lastest Android 4.o update for galaxy nexus? if it is convenient for you, kindly please let me know. by the way, anyone here can help how to update software/upgrade system while you are roaming. Smiley Happy thank you.

0 Likes