Android 5.11 operating system upgrade - WE NEED ANSWERS
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every major carrier in the US, AT&T, Sprint, TMobile has the 5.11 operating system on their S5's EXCEPT Verizon. WHY? No one has any answers. The current system has bugs like crazy and we demand to know when it's going to get fixed with an upgrade. I want to have the phone experience I was promised when I purchased it.

Did Samsung forget about Verizon? Maybe so. They still think the baseband version of the phone is the one sent out July 1st sayign the current version is invalid. Don't you guys talk to one another?

Tilak M: I checked the base band version for your device as even it is invalid.

Tilak M: The latest base band version on your device is G900VVRU2BOE1

A response from a higher up person in the company is demanded, not the typical CSR  who has no clue. The fact is I've gotten five different answers from five different reps.

0 Likes
Re: Android 5.11 operating system upgrade - WE NEED ANSWERS
Snn5
Legend

HBlain wrote:

I want to have the phone experience I was promised when I purchased it.

What was the experience like when you purchased it?  Buy a phone for now, not later updates.  Besides, wouldn't you rather Samsung work on 6.0 instead of wasting time working on 5.1 and then having to wait even longer for the next update?

0 Likes
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

S5 on verizon will never get 6.0. We got 5.0 a half a year after it was released.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps.  Maybe not, even LG is putting it on the G3 and G4.  Remember, the G2 got 5.0.2 last March, 6 months after LP was launched on the Nexus line.  It could still happen.

0 Likes