Android and Fascinate as a business phone
rluciani

Interfacing with MS Exchange is an important facet for many business users.  I am disappointed with the Android and Fascinates interface with MS Exchange.   Certain fields are not available.  Certain Features and or fields are not available - such as reminders, tasks, snooze, contact fields, categories, are  the Fascinate's reminder, snooze, etc.  A reasonable interface is available with an app named Touchdown however, it maintains a separate contact database from the resident Android DB.  Seems as though Google's battle with MS has and attempts to get users to switch to gmail, Google calendar etc. May have caused them to cut shortchange the exchange interface -- Bad form Google.

If the exchange interface issues are not resolved in a few month's I'll UPGRADE to an iPhone 5.  My colleagues that use iPhone 3 and iPhone 4 Overall do not have the same issues.  When I'm asked by those considering switching to Android from Blackberry's I advise them not to do it.  They'll be dissatisfied.  Wait for Win Phone 7 to come to Verizon or get an iphone.

0 Likes