Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Android software engineer calls out "operator" ie VERIZON for delay
carseller0822
Novice

Here's a link to Jean-Baptiste Queru's Google+ page. He is a software engineer who works on Android. He doesn't name Verizon specifically but

since the Galaxy Nexus and Xoom 4G on their network are the only “Google-engineered flagship devices” not on ICS or that are running an older version of Android 4.0, I’m not sure who else he could be talking about.

https://plus.google.com/112218872649456413744/posts/79eKhEgNYeN

0 Likes
Re: Android software engineer calls out "operator" ie VERIZON for delay
mikem84

"Writing the software doesn't mean that Google can deploy it immediately, there are operator approvals for devices that are sold and/or supported by operators. Look at the US WiFi Xoom: obviously no operator approval, upgraded to 4.0.3 back in December (the first version of ICS that ran on anything other than Galaxy Nexus) and now running 4.0.4."

I think it's funny how a key member Android said don't blame Google, blame the operator ie: VZW, while there are those on this forum that keep saying it's Google 100%.

Spiral

I personally don't have an opinion on who is to blame for the delay (and I don't care) but to be fair, I would not expect someone who works at Google (as Jean-Baptiste Queru does) to blame Google for the delay.  All that proves to me is that he is not a foolish employee looking to get fired. 

0 Likes
mikem84

I agree, but at least he is talking about it and giving Google's side. At this point the only update I want is the one that fixes my muted mic problem, anything else I will go with a custom rom.

0 Likes
proxus01

The software update the Jean-Baptiste Queru is talking about is fully functioning. Verizon doesn't need to touch the update, but they do, and delay it for everyone else for 3 months.  The problem is Verizon, not Google.