Annoying TTS
mark729

Its been 3 days since I have this phone.
all of sudden, It started speak! TEXT TO SPEECH.
I don't know why...I never turn this feature on.
It speaks radomly, not all apps.
I reset the phone to factory defalut then after several hours it starts again.

I have no IDEAR how to turn this off.

http://youtu.be/XlU_DqgAzj4

0 Likes
Re: Annoying TTS
throbinskin

I have the same problem and it just started yesterday?  Found this thread through a google search.....  The only apps that I have installed since I noticed the problem is Goggle Voice, And Popup Notified.  I have also downloaded QR Droid and Cozi!  That is pretty much it....  Last night I was playing in the settings and checked the TTS section just to see what it is but, now can't turn it off Either!

I hope someone finds a simple solution to this... It is annoying!!

0 Likes
throbinskin

I don't know if this was the problem but, I do remember being in this section within the settings last night!  I clicked "don't allow" under Install web scripts and have not had the problem since.

Click: "settings" > Click "Accessibility" > Scroll to bottom And click: " Install web scripts" then I clicked "Not Allow".  I can't remember if I click "Allow" last night or not.  BUT, I do know it says "not allowed" right now and is working.

Let me know if this helps.....  I found that many other people are having this problem too and it may be because we are all playing in the settings LOL!

Dan

0 Likes
mark729

I disable TTS in Settin-APPS-ALL-Google TTs Engine.

Now It stop speaking.

But I dont think its proper solution.

Oh dear...

I just enable TTS and Don't allow to Install web scripts in Accessibility Setting

then No more annoying speaking sound.

So Theres 2 solution for this.

Disable Goole TTS Engins in APPS

Don't Allow Install web scripts in Accessiblility(Default)

Thanks.

0 Likes