Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I Have Sent my Phone in 4 Times and they are having me send it in for # 5

They sent a NIB Phone last Time And I Activated it and with in 2 Hours it was Missing calls.

The Calls go to Voice mail after the 5th ring when I called and my Phone Does not Ring.

Until you hit power Button to Wake it up

If you are Having This Problem Please Post So we can see How Common and How many are having this Issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

ED05 has fixed all problems on the phone

my phone has been off the bharger for 19 hours moderate use Calling ,web,email,texting all day

Still have 80 % Battery and have not had Any Missed Calls or texts

VERIZON --PLEASE RELEASE ED05---OR GIVE US A GOOD REASON WHY YOU ARE NOT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
greend21

I am having similar problems.  Someone told me they called me three times last night but it went straight to voicemail.  My phone was on, did not ring, and did not even say missed call.  Also, I frequently miss text messages that my online account says I received but that never come to my phone.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

They sent a NIB Phone last Time And I Activated it and with in 2 Hours it was Missing calls.

The Calls go to Voice mail after the 5th ring when I called and my Phone Does not Ring.

If you are Having This Problem Please Post So we can see How Common and How many are having this Issue.

Thanks

This person tells the problem better than I So hope they don't mind me putting this in.

Ever since the software upgrade my phone sometimes does not receive incoming calls when it's in sleep mode. It doesn't wake up, ring, buzz or anything. It doesn't record the missed calls in the Call Log. And if the caller left a voice message, it doesn't show the voice mail puzzle piece in the unlock screen.

This afternoon my wife tried calling me while my phone was asleep (screen saver on , but not powered off).
She was using her ATT wireless. We were in the same room, and she had here speaker on. So I could hear
her phone dialing and my line ringing. Nonetheless, there was no response from my phone for several rings. So I pressed the right side button, woke up my phone and unlock it, then it began to ring!

Later I tried calling my phone from my work phone while it was sleeping. It woke by itself up and rang immediately. This was an ATT land line.

What is going on?

I looked through every menu I could find to see if there is a setting I need to change. I can't find anything relating to this problem. Could it be an issue with Verizon vs ATT Wireless?

I would greatly appreciate any help!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Count me in.  When using ED04 missed several calls.

0 Likes
desertdog52

Updated to ED04 and had phone on desk called it from home phone and went to voice mail. What fix was this supposed to fix?

Have to carry my old Nokia with AT&T to get calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

I updated to ED04.  Same issue here.  Some calls go right to voice mail without ringing.  I have no clue how many since you don't know if you missed a call unless someone calls you immediately on your land line after your cell phone not working.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Indianchief wrote:

I updated to ED04.  Same issue here.  Some calls go right to voice mail without ringing.  I have no clue how many since you don't know if you missed a call unless someone calls you immediately on your land line after your cell phone not working.

Try the *228, I would do both number 1 and then 2. It can't hurt and might solve this issue..
0 Likes
starnuzzer

Count me in too!  It's SO frustrating, especially when trying to run a home based business and you don't get your calls!  I am on my second phone and escalated to the trouble shooting specialty tech support through Verizon.  Still NOT working!

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

*228 both 1 and 2............Been there done that...twice.......no change....Reloaded my phone....No change.  Wish Verizon would fix it.......no change!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

Thanks

I did find a way that stops the deep sleep that is the problem have tested and it works it will tide us over until Verizon can fix it

There is a APP in the Market it is free it is called Wake Lock

It allows you to keep cpu running in background click first option which is PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK (CPUon,Screen Off,Keyboardoff) Than click Aquire/Release lock

My Battery drains while running this 3% an hour but I have tested and it completely stops the missed calls

This will work until they fix it

0 Likes