Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here - missed calls, and unless they leave a message, I neve even know someone called.

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

RSDan wrote:

Same here - missed calls, and unless they leave a message, I neve even know someone called.

Does it log your call?
0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

nickjr wrote:

RSDan wrote:

Does it log your call?

No, nothing in the call log.  Happened yesterday, checked my phone for the time and noticed I had a voicemail - called the guy back and he told me he had called 3 times and finally decided to leave a message.  None of the calls were registered in the call log.  BTW I'm two blocks from the tower and have a constant 3 bars.

0 Likes
jbones001

Hi Krod,

I had some issues with battery drain after the Froyo upgrade, a Factory Reset did the trick. Still drains faster than 2.1 did, but it's better after a full factory reset. Maybe you should try that (Google it before doing it, it will remove your apps, reset your settings, etc.).

It won't solve this problem obviously, but it might solve some of your other issues.

-jbones

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

VZW  do you understand this is not Solved we are still missing calls 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

VZW  do you understand this is not Solved we are still missing calls 

From what I have seen I think the mods mark it solved after they pass on the issues to other sources.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

This is solved  every time I activate another phone so I can send Samsung my Fascinate

The problem keeps coming back though  on the ups truck LOL

Every time I get my phone back from Samsung and activate it I miss Calls

Maybe I should stay with the fix and just not Activate my Fascinate again seems the only way to avoid all the frustration

My Casio Rock has never missed a Call

0 Likes
starnuzzer

So just got back from being out of town and got a letter from Verizon stating my discount is being stopped too!  So, not only am I not getting my calls I am going to not receive my discounts for this awesome product and service!  UUUGGGGGHHHHH!

I got an email saying they would replace my phone with a Droid X or Droid 2 - I am thinking I would be better off getting totally out of my contract!  Thoughts????

0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

starnuzzer wrote:

I got an email saying they would replace my phone with a Droid X or Droid 2 - I am thinking I would be better off getting totally out of my contract!  Thoughts????

Definitely recommend against getting a Droid X. The Gingerbread software upgrade on the X broke it way way worse than the Fascinate. It will even power itself on. And that's the least of the very serious problems it has. Motorola has been just as bad as Samsung at responding or providing support, customer service, and fixes. If you can get decent service with another carrier (or don't really need a cell phone), I would personally recommend getting out of your contract if possible.

0 Likes
Moench

It seems every time I have an issue with my phone I get on here and see that I manage to have EVERY SINGLE problem.

Not only does my phone miss calls but I am either not notified or the caller is sent to voicemail and all I get is a "Missed Call" notification.

Earlier this week (and just last night) the alarm on my phone didn't go off (Force Close was the only option and after that I had to remove the battery and wait for my phone to turn back on because it did the inevitable black/vibrating screen of death) I was late for work by 4 HOURS and only after I was done for the day did I receive the "1 New Voicemail" notification, NEVER did I receive a missed call notification/an actual phone call (let me say my boss was **bleep**).

I am currently on phone number 2 (#1 was also a Fascinate that I got right after Christmas and it worked fine, only after the F2.2 update did I start having issues). Phone 1 started acting up after 2.2 (almost NO problems before) and even after having it hard reset MULTIPLE times they sent me my new phone. After just one week of phone 2 I started having the same issues I was having before (frozen screens, Force Quitting every app, battery draining after just a few hours, not sending/receiving messages, blah blah blah...). 

I cannot afford to have my phone acting up like this, it is my lifeline to work, family, and friends.

I now seriously regret getting this phone and NOT talking my friend out of getting it (although so far he hasn't been having issues, maybe I should switch back to T-Mobile).

I'm going to the store today and they are giving me another phone, NOT this same P.O.S. that they keep giving me.

If only I had waited those extra 2 weeks I could have gotten an iPhone.

0 Likes