Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

salerno72 wrote:

New to the forum, and super glad i am not the only one having these issues. Been to verizon 5 times in the last two weeks since they upgraded my phone to Froyo. I am missing calls/txts, its eating my battery to the point where i need a charger everywhere i go, its sluggish, it lags big time. Here is what i have been thru, updated software, was told by verizon to do a master reset, did reset, went back to verizon and they sent a reconditioned fascinate, same issue, told to get rid of task killer and lookout apps which i have had since day 1 (9 months ago). I am so sick of this crap with verizon, if i cannot figure it out i am calling my corporate Verizon rep and I am going to rip him a new {word filter avoidance}. This is their screw up and now we are left to pick up the pieces.

Verizon has accepted some fault regarding this upgrade, check with Tech Support and ask for an exchange for a different phone, not a replacment
0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll be getting the Droid X2 delivered by Fed Ex by early next week, and will be sending this thing back by the end of the week.  Call Tech Support, they're aware of the issue, and will work with you!

0 Likes
NRR

After a couple months of calls to Verizon and three Fascinate replacements later (all of which had operational issues)  I was finally able to convince a rep to replace my Fascinate with a completely different phone.  I just got my Droid X2 today and so far, so good.  It's amazing how exicted I get over the "simple things" I was missing with the Fascinate.....you know things like receiving calls, texts, screen not freezing up, battery not draining in a couple hours! 

Our state's attorney general sent a letter of complaint also to Verizon and I can only guess that it may have helped?   However, it's pretty pathetic that I had to purchase the battery and back for the Droid X2.  I was so dang desperate to get a different phone so at that point, that I didn't even argue it too much!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I read on another site where they will not replace the fascinate with a fascinate

and I also see on VZW site they are listed as out of stock I wonder if the have stopped selling them until they have the fix

or if this is the End of Line for the Fascinate

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

I read on another site where they will not replace the fascinate with a fascinate

and I also see on VZW site they are listed as out of stock I wonder if the have stopped selling them until they have the fix

or if this is the End of Line for the Fascinate

Verizon has decided to stop selling the Fascinate at this time.
0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Guess I'm not so lucky:  100 mile round trip to corporate store, emails and policy note from MikeS in hand and the guy has a refurb Fascinate sent to me - tells me there is nothing he  can do, his system will not  process the replacement and he can't cancel the refurb being sent.

0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turns out I'm not so unlucky!  PM'd MikeS and he has taken care of the mess.  Verizon needs to give that guy a big bonus and have him train their other employees.  Thanks MikeS.

0 Likes
Tarrant

Mike --

Just wanted to add my voice to the choir and say that your efforts to help are massively appreciated.  You're an asset to VZW, and your reaching out reflects highly on you, these boards and the company in general.  I'm too cynical to believe you'd actually be recognized internally for these things, but for your sake, here's to hoping.  If corporate America had even a handful more of you, consumer satisfaction would jump overnight.

Best,

T

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

RSDan wrote:

Guess I'm not so lucky:  100 mile round trip to corporate store, emails and policy note from MikeS in hand and the guy has a refurb Fascinate sent to me - tells me there is nothing he  can do, his system will not  process the replacement and he can't cancel the refurb being sent.

That sounds about right.  I don't understand why after all this time all of CS is not aware of the trade in option.  Tier 2 told me about it first of week.

I think some store managers do what they want regardless of what the company says.

And good job to the ones who are assisting cusotmers getting a new device.  Not all want to tweak in order to get them working properly.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Tarrant wrote:

Mike --

Just wanted to add my voice to the choir and say that your efforts to help are massively appreciated.  You're an asset to VZW, and your reaching out reflects highly on you, these boards and the company in general.  I'm too cynical to believe you'd actually be recognized internally for these things, but for your sake, here's to hoping.  If corporate America had even a handful more of you, consumer satisfaction would jump overnight.

Best,

T

Same here Mike called me after I PM and he said he would take care of me as soon as I made my choice of which device I wanted..
0 Likes