Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I found out it is not every phone

I bought my son a phone off eBay it has a build date of 3/11 and it does not miss call's Period left it over night and still could not get it to miss call's

My First phone and my NIB replacement had build dates of 9/10  and they will both start missing call's after the hour Idle

This is baffling to me because I thought it was all Fascinates and it was all Software

But I found out it is Not

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

I found out it is not every phone

I bought my son a phone off eBay it has a build date of 3/11 and it does not miss call's Period left it over night and still could not get it to miss call's

My First phone and my NIB replacement had build dates of 9/10  and they will both start missing call's after the hour Idle

This is baffling to me because I thought it was all Fascinates and it was all Software

But I found out it is Not

You are correct that not all Fascinates are having problems, but the most recent update certainly opened the door for Fascinates to have problems.  Some people are experiencing poor battery life but no dropped/missed calls.  Some people are missing calls but getting decent battery life.  Some people are experiencing both these things and other problems, as well (unlucky lot, these people).

If your son's phone doesn't have any issues then you should consider it a good thing.  Like many people, I bought the Fascinate because it met the criteria I had for a new phone, not because I hoped it would crap out and I could trade it in 3 months later.  If I wasn't having any problems with my phone, I'd be happy; but that sadly isn't the case.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I accidently marked this as solved

I know I have been sending my phone in for 3 month's and also started this post

I wish my son would trade with me LOL

I was just shocked because I thought it was all

His battery life is good I think he has had one freeze on camera but for the most part his phone is working great

0 Likes
hestia

Did we know that the phones they are offering to replace the Fascinate are pre-owned reburbished phones?  I went to the corporate store.  At first they told me, I would have to pay for the upgrade and  I could only have a Droid 2, then when I called tech support at the store the woman told me indeed we had the choice of the Charge, X2 and Incredible 2 but they would be replacement phones not brand new ones.  I don't find this acceptable.  The Tech's excuse was that I'd be returning the Fascinate used.  I told her, yes, but I wasn't returning it because I wanted to.  I LOVE the phone, but it's faulty, if they're selling faulty equipment (even if it's a software problem), it should be replaced with a whole new phone.  It's not my fault it misses calls!  I did't replace the phone today.  I'm not giving up a phone to replace it with a phone that was returned probably because it was faulty.  I'm furious!  

0 Likes
ZipZap

I am furious too.

While I commend VZW for taking ownership of the problem by giving us Fascinate users the choice of a replacement device, I am unhappy that they are trying to salvage customer satisfaction at minimal expense to them.  That is giving us stuff that they would have a hard time selling on their own.  We deserve a brand new device.  I think it is foolish for them to to cut corners this way.

I think it is time for us Fascinate users to contact Verizon Wireless executive customer service and demand that they we receive brand new replacement devices not certified pre-owned (CPO) garbage.  Each VZW regional president runs its own executive customer service department.  So every Fascinate user should contact the regional president's office closest to them.

Let us tell them all what we think.

0 Likes
NRR

Another update....Droid X2 is performing well for me.  Just need to get used to it as it's a little different than what I was used to with the Fascinate.

Interestingly, yesterday I received a call from an upper level exec with corporate Verizon.  They received the complaint letter that my state's attorney general filed on my behalf and wanted to talk about how to rectify this concern.  I explained that as long as my new phone (well, actually the CPO Droid X2) continues to work, then I'll be very content with this phone for now. I did ask them however to reimburse me for the battery and back I had to pay for the Droid X2 they sent.  Also asked for compensation to our bill as the result of not having received calls/texts, phone freezing up, etc.  They agreed to credit our account for one month's service. 

It wasn't everything that I'd hoped and wished for when I had filed the complaint, but felt it was at least a step in the right direction and was grateful for what I did agree to.

0 Likes
ZipZap

Here is the contact information for the regional presidents.

http://aboutus.vzw.com/leadership/area/index.html

Click on the view profile link of the one closest to you and send them an email.

We may be angry about this whole Fascinate fiasco, but please be civil and professional.

We need to let them know that they need to do the right thing.

0 Likes
hestia

Emailed my regional director.  Just explained what had happened so far, that I was a loyal customer and I was very disappointed at the way this has been handled.  Also, that I felt that Fascinate owners deserved new phones.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We'll see what happens.

0 Likes
hestia

Just got off another phone call with two tech support people.  The last one telling me I should be grateful they are offering superior phones even if they aren't brand new.  I'm told because I've owned the phone 5 months, I cannot have it replaced with a new phone.  He also admitted they aren't selling the Fascinate anymore.  I told him just by that admission I should be getting a new phone.  The phone I was sold is faulty.  I'm so FRUSTRAITED!  I guess I'll wait a day or two and try again.

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

hestia wrote:

Just got off another phone call with two tech support people.  The last one telling me I should be grateful they are offering superior phones even if they aren't brand new.  I'm told because I've owned the phone 5 months, I cannot have it replaced with a new phone.  He also admitted they aren't selling the Fascinate anymore.  I told him just by that admission I should be getting a new phone.  The phone I was sold is faulty.  I'm so FRUSTRAITED!  I guess I'll wait a day or two and try again.

hestia,

I feel your pain.  While I don't agree with the attitude of the rep with whom you spoke, I personally accept the fact that the phones being substituted may be recertified.  Before the Froyo update, I think I can safely say most Fascinate owners were happy with the phone - it worked like it was supposed to; as expected.  Because it is a software problem, for Verizon's sake I hope that a Gingerbread update solves the current string of issues.  After phone calls, texts, emails and several trips to Verizon stores, I was finally able to order a Droid Charge today as a replacement.

Now, if the replacement phones don't cut the mustard, that will be a whole other story - but I'm not expecting any problems with the phone having been previously owned and recertified.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! 

0 Likes