Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

I can say I have done the reset at least 10 times it does not work for me

6 times Sending my phone in to Samsung 4 others

of the 6 times Sending it in The phone I activated while my fascinate was in the mail ( Casio Rock ) the 11 days each time never missed one call

as soon as I would get my phone back (The Fascinate) and reactive it I would start missing calls

So Reset are of no use with missed call Issue for me any way What may have helped some has had no effect for me

I can Not get a Fascinate to Work for Me--Nor Can Samsung

As of right now there is no fix

Only two work around's that won't Void warranty

1. Soft Locker--off the Market

2. Activate a Different Phone

I have not found any thing else that works

0 Likes
Re: Any One Having Missed Call Problem After ED04 Update Post Here So We Can Get A Count
Tarrant

I certainly hope VZW has the QA guys responsible for testing the fix for this working over the weekend.

When you consider not only how many calls and texts never made it to their destinations, but how many people are simply unaware that those calls and texts were ever initiated in the first place... it's mind-boggling.  I wonder how many relationships were altered by this failure?

I initially switched to VZW from AT&T specifically for the Fascinate.  Without hyperbole, that will go down as the single worst purchasing decision I've ever made in my adult life.  It's going to be a serious challenge to top it, in fact.  It goes without saying that I'll be immediately switching back to AT&T either as soon as my contract is up, or, if this issue is not resolved in the very, very near future (Tuesday), I'll be having my lawyer contact VZW to dissolve the remainder of my obligation to them for failure to provide the service as described in the contract.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Tarrant wrote:

I certainly hope VZW has the QA guys responsible for testing the fix for this working over the weekend.

When you consider not only how many calls and texts never made it to their destinations, but how many people are simply unaware that those calls and texts were ever initiated in the first place... it's mind-boggling.  I wonder how many relationships were altered by this failure?

I initially switched to VZW from AT&T specifically for the Fascinate.  Without hyperbole, that will go down as the single worst purchasing decision I've ever made in my adult life.  It's going to be a serious challenge to top it, in fact.  It goes without saying that I'll be immediately switching back to AT&T either as soon as my contract is up, or, if this issue is not resolved in the very, very near future (Tuesday), I'll be having my lawyer contact VZW to dissolve the remainder of my obligation to them for failure to provide the service as described in the contract.

Let us all know your results so the rest of us can decide what to do about our contracts.
0 Likes
somdfisher

I am now on my 10th phone with my plan I just started last May.

With the Fascinate it started after the 2.2.1 update with the phone not ringing. It has actually caused arguements between my wife and I. Thinking I am ignoring her. After we did a test call she would call me three times before sending me a text to answer my **bleep** phone. If someone left a voicemail it wouldn't show up for over a week on my phone so I never knew I recieved a voice mail. I had a preowned one sent for a replacement that after activated had the same exact things happening.

Customer service calls were left with no resolution. I was lied to during the very first one. The tech support agent told me I had a setting on my account to send the phone directly to voice mail. Total **bleep** because after I reset the phone I would receive calls for a few hours, and my wife told me my phone was ringing 5 times before going to voice mail. I also had a tech tell me not to do any updates after recieving the replacement, that already came with the new update. Multiple factory resets to the point I haven't downloaded any of my most used apps. After one guy had me update my phone to ED04 my phone call problem seems to have been corrected, but since I don't typically get a lot of phone calls I am not sure. Now the phone randomly freezes about every day. I missed getting a picture of my daughters first fish when we went fishing one day because the camera caused it to freeze before I could take a picture. Thursday my phone froze while on my way home from work, I left it frozen until I got to the Verizon store so they could see that there is an issue. First thing they did was take the battery out and put it back in. Which I could have done. They did *228 handed me back the phone and asked me to recreate the issue. How am I supposed to recreate an issue that is random. They are sending me another replacement but did not set it up for overnight shipping so I will have it 5 days after I went to the store.

And its not like it is easy to take the battery backing off, I don't keep my nails long so I have to use a screw driver or a knife, some of the time I don't have on me.

0 Likes
somdfisher

*****Fix was the following: Call cust service. Tell them you're having a problem with your phone and please transfer you to tech support. Tell tech support the problem. Tell them according to the Verizon Wireless community forums, this is a probable fix. Have them 'remove/drop' your phone from their network. They'll need the MEID for this under the battery. Then have them add your phone back to their network. Should take all of a couple minutes, tops. Once they've readded it. Call *228 and do option '1' to activate your phone. Then try the update again. Odds are the updates will now work. This has fixed this exact problem for a lot of people. good luck. ***** 

This will not fix it, I had this done twice and still have issues.

0 Likes
SotY

For everybody who wants to know how many calls you missed: get Google Voice number, install app on your Fascinate and change voicemail settings to Google Voice. Now you can launch app, go to Menu-Labels-Missed and there will be all missed calls with no voicemail left. That's not a true fix but at least you can check how many calls you missed and eventually call back. Oh and remember that each voicemail transfer to google voice will take minutes from your plan. You can avoid that if you have Friends & Family future by adding your google voice number to it.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the Info

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

wardcst24 wrote:

Thanks for the Info

I am just about ready to ask for a replacement, and not a fascinate, I hear from other members of the forum, Verizon does acknowledge this issue and offering droid x or htc incredible as replacement phones. Any input which one is better than the other?
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I have been thinking about this very topic for over a week

Samsung is sending me a new charge for a replacement and I am going to sell it right away .

Had my fill of Samsung and get either the x2 or the Incredible 2

They both look like good I don't game and I thinking of going with the Incredible think the 4" screen is the sweet spot for me

and I think with out the dual core it may have better Battery life

So it is the Incredible 2 for me  it is getting GB on Monday Also

0 Likes
ksaunders
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had nothing but trouble with phone. I really like the phone itself, but do not like not receiving calls or even a missed call notification!! I'm missing text left and right and to top it all off, the girl at our closest Verizon store told me it was 'not Verizon's problem. It's a Samsung issue.'

Ok. True, but VERIZON is the carrier and ultimately responsibe for this phone.

I have had this phone for just about a month and in that time I have had next to no customer service help at all. Now, I realize that phones being increasingly run like mini computers throws kinks into the mix. I'm open to the idea that stuff happens, but I am NOT open to the RUDE, IT'S-NOT-OUR-PROBLEM attitude that the customer service people have handed me. I have had trouble since day one and every time I called or went in, they said 'here we'll do this and it should work.' It hasn't.

My sister is ill, Verizon, I NEED to be able to receive phone calls from her and this phone is my only option. I do not have a home phone and I chose a Verizon phone because Verizon has the best all over coverage. Period. But you people are rude and need someone big and bad to take all your money so that you'll remember that you don't bully customers just trying to have an issue resolved in good faith.

The customer service guy, on the 2nd teer technical issues, George, did some updates on my phone on the July 6th and said he would call back on my husband's phone the following Sat. Of course, being the blatant, lying, cheating, dispicable people that Verizon is and hires to represent them, he never called back. Sat. I called and finally unleashed on whomever picked up the phone. I would have asked for a supervisor, but the truth is that they would have lied about being one anyways.

Finally, I put my No-nonsense-we're-doing-things-my-way husband on the phone and he FINALLY got them to at least send me a 'like new' phone. Samsung Fascinate, of course Hopefully this one is better, but we'll see. At the very least, we forced them to acknowlege a discount to cover the cost of the plastic screen protector. We'll see if that happens, too.

All in all, Verizon Wireless has defiinately lived up to their reputation as a large, hairy, cheating, coniving bunch of A-holes.

~Katherine Saunders

0 Likes